What are Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls?
Avocado Egg Rolls with Sweet Honey Dipping Sauce are a delightful copycat recipe of the beloved Cheesecake Factory dish. We made a few special changes that make our version even better. Here’s is what we changed and why you will LOVE our version even more!
- Our version is lightly sprayed with olive oil and air fried, instead of drenched in oil for the deep fryer to make this a healthier dish that is still ready on a super-fast time line.
- We tweaked the tamarind-cashew sauce from the restaurant just a bit to make it a sweet honey dipping sauce. It mimics the original but adds an extra bit of flavor for a sauce that is just the right blend of sweet, savory and zesty.
- Who doesn’t love to save money. You can whip up a large batch of these to serve the entire family for around the same cost as a single serving at the restaurant.
What are the ingredients in Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls?
For the Avocado Egg Rolls, you will need:
- Sundried Tomatoes, packed in oil
- Red Onion
- Egg roll wrappers
- Olive oil spray
For the Sweet Honey Dipping Sauce:
- Green onions
- Olive oil
- Seasoned rice vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Lime zest
How to Make Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls?
Begin with the sauce: Simply put all of the sauce ingredients in a small food processor
. Pulse until pureed and smooth, but not overly runny.
For the Avocado Egg Rolls:
- Mix the avocados, sun dried tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Set aside a small bowl with some water.
- Lay out the egg roll wrappers. Add a small scoop of the filling in the middle of each wrapper.
- Line the edges with water. Fold in the sides and roll-up egg roll style.
- Continue the process until you are out of filling.
- Heat in the air fryer, as indicated, until lightly browned and crisped.
What to serve with Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls?
These Avocado Egg Rolls make a great light meal on their own. They also pair well with a number of dishes. Here are some ideas:
Make it an all-appetizers meal and serve some other great small bites along with the egg rolls. Some good ideas would be:
- Put your Air Fryer on double-duty with these Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms that combine feta cheese, blue cheese, walnuts and rosemary.
- Air Fryer Crispy Mac & Cheese Balls are a crispy, cheese-y twist on mac and cheese that adds just enough satisfying crunch.
- While the avocado egg rolls are a twist on traditional egg rolls, why not try a twist on traditional pizza with these, Air Fryer Pinwheels, they are simple, fast calzone bites that come together in almost no time.
- Or make these Instant Pot Meatballs with Cranberry Glaze which are great served alone or on slider buns.
Want to make it more of a meal instead? Try some of these pairings
- Put your two favorite short-cut cooking devices together and make this Instant Pot Pad Thai with red pepper, sweet potato and bean sprouts.
- Keep it a veggie-friendly night with these Instant Pot Hibachi Vegetables and have two take-out favorites at once.
- These Vegan Buddha Bowls are another easy dish to round out a meal with the egg rolls
- Spicy Peanut Noodles
Can I save extra Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls for later?
Yes! The leftovers of this recipe will keep well for 1-2 days. Here’s how:
- For the egg rolls
- Line a plastic or glass dish with paper towels. Add the egg rolls and seal air tight. The paper towels will prevent excess moisture from forming.
- Reheat in the oven on 300 degrees until warmed through.
- For the sauce
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Serve leftovers cold, or heat to desired temperature.
Air Fryer Avocado Egg Rolls (Cheesecake Factory Copycat)
For the rolls:
- 5 medium avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil drained and chopped
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 14-16 eggroll wrappers
- Olive oil spray
For the Sauce:
- ½ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
For the Sauce
- Add the ingredients to a blender or small food processor. Pulse to blend, but it does not need to be fully pureed.
For the Rolls:
- Combine the avocado, sun dried tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Fill a small bowl with water and set aside.
- Lay the egg roll wrappers out flat. Add about 2 ½ to 3 Tablespoons of filling in a line in the center of each wrap.
- Dip your finger or a pastry brush in the water and draw around the edges of each wrap, one at a time. Fold in the sides and then roll up, being sure to seal the ends.
- Repeat until you run out of filling.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350. Spray the rolls, top and bottom with olive oil spray.
- Cook for 10-11 minutes until lightly browned and crisped.
- Serve warm with the dipping sauce