What is Air Fryer Banana Bread?
This is quite simply, the last banana bread recipe you will ever need. It consists of simple ingredients, is easy to put together, stores well and cooks quickly. This is certain to become a favorite.
What are the ingredients in Air Fryer Banana Bread?
As always, I love to provide recipes that have easy to find ingredients, because, let’s face it, who has the time to hit up multiple stores looking for some hard to find item? I will also give you the easy substitute items, where available, to make the whole process as simple as possible. So here is what you will need to make this banana bread:
- Mashed bananas
- These can be either fresh bananas, mashed with a fork until smooth. Or frozen bananas (the ones intended for smoothies). If using frozen, fully thaw and then mash as you would fresh bananas
- Banana flavored yogurt
- I used oikos high-protein yogurt in Banana Creme. Your favorite banana flavored yogurt will also work fine. If banana flavored yogurt just isn’t available, you can substitute vanilla flavored and still achieve similar results.
- Use whatever type you like, I used plant based butter
- Vanilla extract
- Imitation is fine
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Pecans would work great here as well if that is your preference
How do I make Air Fryer Banana Bread?
As I stated before, this is really an easy recipe. Here is what you will need to do:
- Begin by mixing together the mashed banana, banana yogurt, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla extract.
- Once that is well combined, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg until combined.
- Gently fold in the walnuts being careful not to over-mix the batter.
- Pour into a prepared loaf pan.
- Air fry, cool and serve…that is it!
How to serve Air Fryer Banana Bread?
It is really all up to you
- Serve hot or cold
- Top with cream cheese, butter, honey or serve plain
- Serve alone or with other items
- As a snack or a light breakfast
How to store Air Fryer Banana Bread?
First make sure the bread has fully cooled, attempting to store the bread while it is still warm can cause it to steam and gain an unpleasant texture. Once cooled, the bread can be stored sliced or whole. Either wrap tightly in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container. The bread should keep well for 2-3 days when properly stored.
Air Fryer Banana Bread
- 1 cup of mashed bananas
- 2, 5.3 oz containers banana yogurt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Combine the mashed banana, yogurt, eggs, sugar, melted butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, banking soda, kosher salt and nutmeg until blended. No need to over-mix, mixture may be slightly lumpy.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Grease a loaf pan and pour the batter evenly into the pan.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 330 degrees. Cook for 20-30 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely before removing and slicing.
For the yogurt, I used Dannon Triple Zero Banana Creme
The size of your pan and air fryer will affect your total cooking time. Begin checking at 20 minutes and add on as needed.