These air fryer broccoli bites are such a snap to make and are a kid-friendly favorite. They are a simple lunch-time bite, a vegetarian nugget substitute or a tasty side dish. You will love how easy these are to make.
What are the ingredients in Air Fryer Broccoli Bites?
- Broccoli– The easiest way to prepare the broccoli for these bites is to use frozen broccoli. You will need about 4 cups of frozen broccoli florets to yield 2 cups of packed, cooked broccoli. You can easily substitute fresh broccoli if you like you will just need to increase the cooking time accordingly.
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Cheddar cheese– you want to use shredded cheese for this recipe. Pre-shredded is easier; however, you can use freshly shredded cheese if you prefer.
- Shallot– I like shallots for this dish as it does not give an overwhelming onion flavor. If you can’t find a shallot, you could substitute 3-4 green onions.
- Dijon Mustard
- Garlic powder– garlic powder works better than fresh garlic in this dish as the flavor is more evenly distributed throughout the dish and it does not yield any raw garlic flavor.
- Salt and pepper
How do you make Air Fryer Broccoli Bites?
The true beauty of this dish is just how easy it is to make. It is really almost zero hands on but a recipe that works out great.
- Begin by cooking the broccoli. Whether using fresh or frozen broccoli, make sure to fully cook the broccoli until bright green. Drain well and allow to cool slightly. Note: the broccoli need not be warm at all for this recipe to work, so feel free to use pre-cooked broccoli or to prepare it earlier in the day.
- Next, add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Scoop up in 1.5-2 Tablespoon scoops. Use your hands to gently roll into balls. If the mixture sticks to your hands, try wetting them a bit before rolling into the balls.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with olive oil spray. Place the balls in a single layer inside.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 375 degrees. Cook the Broccoli bites for 16-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve immediately. Ranch, honey mustard or cheese sauce all make good dipping choices.
Can these broccoli cheese bites be made in advance?
Yes. These will keep well in the refrigerator for around 3 days. Reheat in a microwave or toaster oven.
What to serve with these Air Fryer Broccoli Bites?
Try a pasta:
- Balance the simplicity of these Instant Pot Garlic Noodles with these broccoli bites for two kid friendly favorites.
- Cool off some Flaming hot Mac & Cheese by serving the broccoli bites along with some cool ranch.
- Make a hand-held friendly meal that doubles as a perfect packable leftover lunch with these spaghetti meatball cupcakes.
Make some other Yummy Air Fried Bites:
Bite-sized appetizers are perfect for parties, game days, open houses or even school lunches. Appetizers in the air fryer can be fast, easy, and decidedly delicious.
These Air Fryer Mac & Cheese Balls are a way to make a kid friendly classic even more portable and snackable. Snackers of any age will love these yummy, crunchy bites.
Garlic knots are perfect for pizza night, spaghetti, dipping in soup, and more, these Air Fryer Garlic Knots are as easy as it gets.
Bite sized pizza-flavored rolls without the mess-yes! Try these Air Fryer Pinwheels.
Stuffed Mushrooms in the Air Fryer are another easy bite-sized appetizer to try in the air fryer.
These Cheesecake Factory Copycat Avocado Eggrolls could easily be a light meal all on their own, or a perfect side for a finger-food meal!
Air Fryer Breadsticks are an easy, cheesy, side dish that works with so many dinners, you will LOVE these!
Air Fryer Broccoli Bites
- Air Fryer
- 2 cups packed cooked broccoli
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 shallot
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until mostly smooth.
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with olive oil cooking spray. Scoop out balls about 1.5-2 Tablespoons in size. Roll gently with your hands and place in the basket of the air fryer. The mixture should make 20-25 balls.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375. Cook for 16-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.