Running behind for breakfast, maybe looking to step-up brunch, or just need a simple side dish? These Air Fryer Diced Potatoes with Cheese are the answer to that question. Quick to make and even easier to serve, ready in just 20 minutes. Best thing is you don’t even need to thaw the potatoes! They simply could not be easier to make for kids, for guests, or to take to a gathering. Read on to learn more about this easy recipe.
What are the ingredients in Air Fryer Diced Potatoes?
This is the beautiful simplicity of this dish. It only takes four easy ingredients to make these amazing potato cups. Here is what you will need:
- Frozen, diced potatoes- These are easily found in your freezer section labeled as hash browns or southern-style potatoes. I used the plain variety, but you may also find the variety that includes peppers and onions. Either version will work perfectly fine for this recipe and neither choice will affect the cooking time, just select the option that you prefer.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese-I choose to use the finely shredded cheddar so it would melt most evenly. If you prefer another cheese such as mozzarella or pepper jack that
- Seasoned Salt– I used this one.
How to make Air Fryer Diced Potatoes with Cheese?
- Break up the diced potatoes to prevent any clumps. You do NOT need to thaw the potatoes, which is one of the major benefits of this dish, however, you do want to make sure you don’t have any large clumps of potatoes.
- Beat the egg and add to the bowl with the diced potatoes, stir well to combine. Add in the cheddar cheese and seasoned salt, stir again until everything is evenly distributed.
- Spray a muffin tin with olive oil cooking spray. Evenly divide the mixture among the greased muffin cups. lightly press the potato mixture into the prepared cups to help ensure the cups hold together well in the air fryer.
- Air fry and done! Once the cooking time is finished, remove to a countertop or table and allow to cool for at least 5-10 minutes before attempting to remove from the muffin pan to ensure the diced potatoes with cheese hold together well.
- Note: depending on the side of your air fryer you may want to use smaller, 6-cup muffin pans. If you have a smaller air fryer that does not have a shelf, cook in batches. If you air fryer is larger and has shelves and you are using more than one pan to cook the diced potatoes, rotate the pans, halfway through.
Can Air Fryer Diced Potatoes with Cheese be made in advance?
Sure, a batch will easily keep well for a day or two in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or at a lower temperature in the air fryer.
What to serve with Air Fryer Diced Potatoes:
Let’s make an easy brunch of it!
- This Spicy Spanish Omelette is Jalapeno Popper meets Spanish Tortilla. Potatoes, eggs, jalapenos and cheese make it a delightful main dish that is also super easy to make in advance.
- Or double up on the air fryer with this Broccoli & Cheese Quiche
- Make something sweet to go with your potatoes with this easy Air Fryer Banana Bread which even utilizes frozen bananas.
- Maybe try some air fryer apple muffins with homemade cinnamon streusel topping which are beyond easy to make with the help of a boxed muffin mix to start.
Air Fryer Diced Potatoes with Cheese
- 1 Air Fryer
- 12 oz diced frozen potatoes
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese finely shredded
- Spray the muffin cups lightly with olive oil spray.
- Add the potato mixture, evenly among the cups.
- Air fry for approximately 15 minutes at 375.