What are the ingredients in Air Fryer Focaccia?
This easy bread is one of my favorite to make in the air fryer. Mostly because it is nearly fail-safe, and so easy to customize. This particular combination is one of the most versatile I have found. Here are the easy ingredients that you will need:
- For the Air Fryer Focaccia dough
- Rapid rise yeast
- Brown sugar: either dark or light will work just fine, just use what you have on hand
- Warm water
- All purpose flour
- Sun Dried tomatoes in oil: buy the pre-julienne sliced to make it simple or chop larger ones to the size of your liking.
- Oil from the sundried tomatoes: if you don’t have enough, just round out your ¼ cup with some olive oil
- Kosher salt
- For the Air Fryer Focaccia topping
- Olive oil: if you still have remaining oil from the sun dried tomatoes, you may use that here as well
- Roma tomatoes
- Fresh rosemary
- Sesame seeds
- Kosher salt
What are the steps to making Air Fryer Focaccia?
- Begin by proofing the yeast with the brown sugar and warm water. Stir lightly with a large wooden spoon to combine and allow to sit until the mixture becomes foamy. This should happen fairly quickly, especially with the rapid yeast; however, it can take up to 10 minutes.
- Once the yeast has bloomed, add in the all purpose flour, the sun dried tomatoes, the oil and the salt. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth. Place in a large bowl and seal (not air tight) or wrap with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise until it has doubled in size. This will take between 30 and 45 minutes.
- After rising, split the dough into two even bars. Roll out the dough and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Re-cover the dough and allow the dough to rest for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- Finally use your fingers to make divots in the dough by poking it all over. Drizzle with the olive oil and spread using a pastry brush.
- Arrange the tomato slices over the dough. Sprinkle with a generous helping of both the rosemary and the kosher salt.
- Place in the preheated air fryer and cook until browned and cooked through.
What are some ways to serve Air Fryer Focaccia?
Here are a few ideas:
- Slice and serve on its own as a snack or a side dish for a pasta. Some good pairings would be:
- Serve it with a soup and use for dipping. Here are a few soups that would go very well with the Air Fryer Focaccia:
- Make it into a sandwich. Anything from a simple grilled cheese panini or a turkey swiss melt would be great with this bread.
Air Fryer Focaccia
For the dough:
- 2 ¼ teaspoons rapid rise yeast
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup warm water
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sliced sun dried tomatoes packed in oil drained
- ¼ cup of oil from the sun dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the topping:
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 roma tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 sprig rosemary stemmed
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Kosher salt
- Add the yeast, brown sugar and water to a large bowl. Lightly mix to dissolve and set aside until the yeast becomes foamy. 5-10 minutes.
- Add the remaining dough ingredients and knead until a smooth dough forms. Place in a large bowl and seal with a lid or plastic wrap. Allow to rise until doubled in size. 30-45 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half and spread each ball out on a sheet of parchment paper in a large oval, approximately ¼” thick. Cover lightly and allow to rest for 20-30 minutes before cooking.
- Use your fingers to make divots in the dough. Drizzle with the olive oil. Arrange the slices of tomato over the dough and sprinkle with the rosemary, sesame seeds and salt.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360. Cook for approximately 8 minutes until browned and cooked through.