Making Air Fryer French Bread Pizza is as easy as it gets and tastes so much more flavorful than the frozen variety. Our version gives you all the secret “hacks” to make this the best French bread pizza you have ever tasted! This pizza is easy to customize and comes out perfectly every time. See how to make this family friendly favorite in under 10 minutes!
What are the Ingredients in this Air Fryer French Bread Pizza?
- French Bread–you want a nice fresh loaf as it will give you the perfect crust texture. The good news is these are cheap and easy to find at your favorite grocery or bakery. Want a bit more flavor? Try subbing an Italian seasoned loaf.
- Olive Oil Spray-using spray olive oil whether prepackaged or homemade in a Misto, is by far the easiest way to make this pizza. If you don’t have either available, you can use a pastry brush to lightly spread olive oil over the bread.
- Garlic Powder-garlic powder is much easier to evenly distribute throughout the pizzas and also avoids any unpleasant raw garlic flavor that could arise from such a quickly cooked dish.
- Italian Seasoning-this blend of basil, parsley and oregano makes it fast and easy to add your favorite Italian flavors to your Air Fryer Pizza. If you prefer more of a single seasoning, feel free to add it separately.
- Deli Fresh White American Cheese–this is not the cheese sold individually wrapped in the plastic slices. This is white American cheese, freshly sliced from you deli or cheese counter. This cheese adds an amazing flavor to the pizza that just cannot be replicated with the pre-sliced variety.
- Pizza Sauce– Use whichever sauce is your favorite. Homemade sauce would work perfectly fine here; however, in the interest of making this pizza as quick and easy as possible, I used this jarred sauce.
- Pepperonis– you can use traditional, mini, turkey or omit them entirely if they aren’t to your liking.
- Mozzarella cheese–shredded mozzarella, either finely shredded or regular is all it takes to complete this pizza.
How to make Air Fryer French Bread Pizza?
Begin by cutting the Loaf of French Bread in half lengthwise. Then cut the loaf into thirds to end up with six total slices. If you like, you can cut off the rounded ends to yield six identical slices.
Spray the tops of each slice lightly with the olive oil spray. Sprinkle lightly with the garlic powder and the Italian seasoning. Air fry briefly to crisp the crust. Cooking the crust a bit before topping allows the dish to not get soggy but to have a crisped crust on the outside that is soft on the inside. When the cooking time is done, remove from the air fryer.
Top the prepared crusts first with the deli white American cheese. This will ensure the finished pizzas keep the crispy crust and don’t get any sogginess from the sauce. The wrap around cheese effect will definitely be a hit!
Next, use a spoon to gently spread around the pizza sauce. Top with a sprinkling of the mozzarella, followed by the pepperonis, if using and finally, the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese.
Briefly air fry again and you are ready to go. Quick, easy, weeknight & kid friendly, how perfect!
Love making pizzas at home? Here are some of our other favorite homemade pizzas for you to try:
This Air Fryer Flatbread Pizza has a homemade pimento cheese based crust and is topped with fresh tomatoes. It is super easy to customize with all of your favorite pizza toppings.
Part bread, part pizza, Stromboli Pizza Bread is a meal in a loaf. Serve on its own, with sauce to dip or make it into an amazing grilled cheese. Either way this easy homemade pizza bread will be a hit.
Craving some nostalgia? This School Pizza Copycat will take you straight back to the school cafeteria in the very best way possible.
Short on time? These Almost Instant Calzones are the perfect combination of simple sandwich meets the flavors of your favorite handheld pizza.
Bring the restaurant home with this California Pizza Kitchen Club Pizza Copycat Recipe. It combines a fresh lemon pepper sauce, bacon, tomatoes, arugula and more right atop your pizza.
Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
- Air Fryer
- 1 loaf French bread
- Olive oil spray
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1.5 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8-10 slices deli fresh white American cheese
- 1 container pizza sauce
- 1 package pepperonis
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Cut the French bread in half lengthwise. Cut into 3 equal sections to make 6 total slices. Spray the tops of the slices with the olive oil spray. Sprinkle with the garlic powder and the Italian seasoning.
- Air fry for 3 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from the air fryer.
- Top the slices with the white American cheese. Over the cheese, spread the pizza sauce. Finally, top with the pepperonis and mozzarella cheese.
- Air fry for 3 additional minutes at 300 degrees.
Toppings can easily be customized to your favorites.