Make the best version of an air fryer omelette with this easy crispy crown topped version that makes a meal of the simple egg based dish.
Ingredients for this Air Fryer Omelette
- Crispy Crowns– these rounded hash brown bites are basically tater tots but make a deliciously crispy coating for your omelette. For this recipe, they will need to be thawed which is as simple as tossing the bag on your kitchen counter for an hour or so. Alternatively, you can place them in a large bowl and microwave them to thaw.
- Eggs- I used Eggland’s Best
- Milk– any milk you would use to make a traditional omelette will work just find for this air fryer omelette. Just sub in the same amount of whatever milk you prefer.
- Seasoned Salt -I used Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- Diced Ham– this recipe works great for leftover ham. I like the flavor of the ham with this dish and it makes it more of a traditional Western Omelette style flavor; however, if you wanted you can easily omit the ham.
- Cheddar Cheese-shredded sharp cheddar cheese. You can use either pre-shredded or shred your own.
- Frozen diced pepper and onion blend, thawed and patted dry. You could substitute fresh onions and peppers but to do so, you will need to cook them first by either roasting or sauteeing, otherwise your final omelette would have too much moisture.
Can this air fryer omelette be made in advance?
Yes, you can easily assemble this omelette in advance and reheat in a microwave or air fryer which makes leftovers perfect for a quick breakfast or lunch the next day.
- Hot sauce
- Sour Cream
- Cheese sauce or queso
Other Great Breakfast & Brunch Ideas for the Air Fryer:
Air Fryer Diced Potatoes with Cheese–these easy to make hash brown cups take less than 5 minutes to assemble and require no thawing. Kids adore these and they keep amazingly well making them perfect for make ahead.
This Air Fryer Pancake is basically a Dutch baby made super fast and easy in the air fryer. This light and tasty dish tastes like a combination of pancake and funnel cake and is amazing served with some fresh berry compote, powdered sugar or even some whipped cream. It is definitely a hit with kids and adults alike.
Air Fryer Omelette
- Air Fryer
- 1, 30 oz bag crispy crowns thawed, divided
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¾ cup diced ham
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1.5 cups frozen diced pepper and onion blend fully thawed and patted dry
- Heat the air fryer to 360.
- Spray a pie pan with cooking spray. Line the bottom and sides with crispy crowns. Air Fry for 6-8 minutes. Until potatoes are beginning to brown.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk and seasoned salt with a whisk until well combined.
- Fold in the ham, cheese and onion-pepper mix.
- Pour into the crust.
- Return to the air fryer for 10-14 minutes until eggs are starting to set.
- Top with an additional layer of crispy crowns on top.
- Return to the oven for 20-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the eggs comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream or snipped chives if desired.