This Air Fryer Pancake is as easy as it gets to make. The flavor is part funnel cake, part Dutch baby and always a treat be it breakfast, brunch or breakfast for dinner. You will love this easy to make treat.
Difference in Pancakes and a Dutch Baby?
Pancakes and Dutch babies are both delicious breakfast dishes, but they are quite different in their appearance, texture, and preparation method.
Pancakes are typically made from a batter of flour, eggs, milk, and baking powder or baking soda. The batter is poured onto a hot griddle or frying pan and cooked until golden brown on both sides. Pancakes are usually small and round, and can be served with a variety of toppings such as butter, syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.
Dutch babies, on the other hand, are a type of baked pancake that is cooked in the oven. They are made from a batter of flour, eggs, milk, and sugar, and are baked in a preheated cast-iron skillet or baking dish until puffy and golden brown. Dutch babies have a more custard-like texture than traditional pancakes, and can be served with a variety of toppings such as powdered sugar, fruit, or syrup.
Overall, the main differences between pancakes and Dutch babies are their cooking method, texture, and presentation. Pancakes are cooked on a griddle or frying pan, while Dutch babies are baked in the oven. Pancakes are small and round, while Dutch babies are larger and more custard-like in texture.
What are the ingredients in Air Fryer Pancake?
- All purpose Flour
- Lemon juice
- Powdered sugar, optional but amazing and adds to the funnel cake-esque flavor
How to make this Air Fryer Pancake?
- Spray a pie pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and add to the pie pan, alternatively, you can place the pie pan in the microwave to melt the butter. Make sure it coats the bottom of the pan.
- Stir together the flour, milk, eggs, sugar, salt and lemon juice until well combined and smooth. Pour the mixture into the melted butter.
- Heat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Add the pancake and bake for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve immediately topped with powdered sugar, syrup or berry compote.
Can Air Fryer Pancake be made in advance?
This dish tastes best fresh from the air fryer. To save time by making in advance, you can pre-make the batter and store in the refrigerator.
Topping Suggestions for your Air Fryer Pancake:
There are many delicious ways to top a Dutch baby. Here are a few ideas:
- Powdered Sugar and Lemon: Dust the Dutch baby with powdered sugar and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for a classic and simple topping.
- Fresh Fruit and Whipped Cream: Top the Dutch baby with sliced fresh fruit, such as strawberries or blueberries, and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Nutella and Bananas: Spread Nutella over the Dutch baby and top with sliced bananas and a sprinkle of chopped hazelnuts.
- Cinnamon and Apples: Sauté sliced apples with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon until they are tender and caramelized. Spoon the mixture over the Dutch baby and serve with whipped cream.
- Savory Toppings: Dutch babies can also be made with savory ingredients, such as cheese, ham, or herbs. Try topping a savory Dutch baby with sautéed mushrooms, crispy bacon, or fresh herbs like chives or thyme.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to topping a Dutch baby, so get creative and have fun experimenting with different flavors and ingredients.
Other great breakfast ideas to serve with this Air Fryer Pancake:
- Keep it basic with some scrambled, poached, over easy, or sunny side eggs.
- Keep the Air Fryer action going with this insanely easy air fryer broccoli cheese quiche make fast and easy in the air fryer.
- Add some potatoes to your eggs and try a Spanish Omelet.
- Who needs crust. Not you with this fast Crustless Asparagus Quiche.
- These Cinnamon Streusel Muffins are packed with short-cut tips and keep well.
- Bread, Air Fryer, go…this easy Air Fryer Banana Bread can be made with frozen bananas making it a year round favorite, even if you don’t have ripe bananas.
- Boil down some fresh berries to make a compote so serve on top of the pancake.
- Make some ambrosia with grapefruits, oranges, maraschino cherries and shredded coconut.
- Serve some baked or cinnamon apples or apple sauce.
- Try some bacon, sausage or country style ham.
- Roasted breakfast potatoes or hashbrowns
- Broiled tomato slices with parmesan
Air Fryer Pancake
- Air Fryer
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Powdered sugar optional, to top
- Spray a pie pan lightly with cooking spray. Melt the butter and add to the prepared dish.
- Combine the flour, milk, eggs, sugar, salt and lemon juice. Pour into the pan but do not stir.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Bake for 16 minutes. Serve warm, topped with powdered sugar if desired.