What are Air Fryer Stuffed Poblanos?
These spicy twists on stuffed peppers combine turkey tomatoes, seasonings and cheese for a super-fast dinner dish that kids and adults can all enjoy. Easily crisped in the air fryer, these peppers are ones you are sure to make again and again.
What are the Ingredients in Air Fryer Stuffed Poblanos?
One of the best parts of the Stuffed Peppers is how few ingredients you will need to make this amazingly flavorful dish. Here is what you will need:
- Poblano Peppers
- Look for larger and flatter peppers to make stuffing them easier
- I used olive oil butter, but whatever is our favorite will work
- Garlic powder
- Ground turkey
- Canned petite diced tomatoes
- Taco seasoning
- Homemade or store bought, just use your favorite
- Pepper Jack laughing cow wedges
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How do I make Air Fryer Stuffed Poblanos?
- Begin by slicing the peppers in half lengthwise. Remove all the seeds and any white stems. You can leave the stems on for serving aesthetic or remove them if you prefer.
- Next, melt the butter in a skillet. Add the turkey and cook, stirring and breaking up until it is no longer pink and is beginning to brown.
- Add the garlic powder and taco seasoning to the pan. Next add the canned diced tomatoes, undrained and bring to a boil. Once the mixture boils, reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to cook until the liquid begins to evaporate.
- Lower the heat and add the laughing cow wedges, it may be easier to chop them up before adding and continue to cook, stirring until the laughing cow has melted and is smooth. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Stuff the filling into the prepared poblanos and place them into the air fryer basket. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the tops of the peppers.
- Preheat the air fryer. When it reaches temperature, add the peppers to the air fryer and fry.
- Note: I used this air fryer to prepare these peppers.
Uses for Leftover Air Fryer Stuffed Poblanos
If you are like us, there won’t really be any leftovers; however, if you do have extra, or simply choose to make a larger batch, here are some ideas:
- First, the stuffed peppers can be stored in the refrigerator and re-heated in the microwave making them a great choice for lunch the next day.
- You could also choose to chop up any remaining stuffed peppers. Uses for the chopped peppers include:
- Use as filling for an omelette.
- Use as topping for nachos.
- Make a wrap sandwich
- Stir into baked potatoes
What to serve with Air Fryer Stuffed Poblanos?
- Make it a light lunch or dinner by serving the peppers alone, perhaps along with some salsa or sour cream
- Add some refried or pinto beans for some extra protein
- Serve with some mexican rice
- Try some tortilla chips with queso, salsa and/or guacamole
- Make an avocado salad with lettuce, avocado, tomatoes and some cotija cheese topped with a squeeze of lime
- Make a citrus salad with oranges, tangerines and grapefruit
What should I make after Air Fryer Stuffed Poblanos?
If you like these stuffed peppers, here are some other Tex-Mex style dishes that you may enjoy:
- These bell pepper and mango fajitas come together super-fast in the instant pot and add a fresh, fruity twist on traditional veggie fajitas.
- Prefer to keep it more traditional? These Instant Pot Veggie Fajitas are a personal favorite that I frequently make for lunchtime meal prep. These are another chop, drop and wait recipe.
- Want to make another stuffed poblano? These Veggie Stuffed Poblanos combine rice, peppers, tomatoes, chipotle and other seasonings for a vegetarian version of stuffed poblanos.
- This 10-minute Tortilla Soup would be great served along with the poblanos. On its own it is a easy, vegetarian version of tortilla soup that makes a nice light meal on a chilly day.
Air fryer STUFFED POBLANOS
- 3 large Poblano peppers
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 14.5- oz can petite diced tomatoes NOT drained
- 2 Tablespoons Taco seasoning
- 4 laughing cow wedges pepperjack flavor
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- ut the poblanos in half and remove the seeds. Place them onto a lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up until cooked through and beginning to brown.
- Add the garlic powder, diced tomatoes (with liquid), and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 3-5 minutes, until the extra liquid begins to evaporate..
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the laughing cow, pressing with the back of a spoon or spatula to help it mix in, until melted and smooth.
- Stuff the filling into the poblano peppers and place, open side up, onto the air fryer basket. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of each pepper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350. Air fry for 20 minutes.