This Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza is so easy to make. Crispy crust, light sauce and whatever toppings you prefer, all ready in mere minutes makes this the perfect light meal, afternoon snack or easy lunch. The whole family will adore these easy pizzas!
Ingredients in Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
Tortilla– You will need 1, 8-to-10″ flour tortilla for each tortilla pizza that you would like to make.
Pizza Sauce– For this recipe you can use either homemade or store-bought pizza sauce. I used this one, but feel free to use whatever your favorite is.
Cheese– Pre-shredded cheese is the easiest to use for the Air Fryer Tortilla Pizzas; however, if you prefer, you can easily shred your own. I used mozzarella, but cheddar or pepper jack would also work great. For this recipe, you will use the cheese to top the sauce, and, optionally, to sprinkle a bit of additional cheese to top your toppings.
Toppings-For the Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza I have pictured, I used only pepperoni; however, there are plenty of options for toppings.
- Toppings that would work great
- Extra Cheese
- Grated Parmesan
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Sundried tomatoes
- Bell peppers
- Ground Sausage
- Feta Cheese
- Banana Peppers
- Red onions
- Toppings you may want to skip: So, for these, I don’t really mean things you may want to skip as a matter of personal preference, but rather toppings that may not work as well on this Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza. One of the best parts of this tortilla pizza is the super-thin, crispy crust, and yet its thinness also leads to it not being the most sturdy or able to stand up to a lot of moisture. For that reason, there are some toppings that, while they may work, are less likely to yield success. Here are a few examples of toppings you may want to avoid when making this air fryer tortilla pizza:
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- Sliced Mangos and many other fruits
How to Make Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
Spray a tortilla lightly, on both sides with olives oil spray. A refillable olive-oil sprayer works great for this.
Add the sauce and gently spread out using the back of a spoon. You can either spread the sauce all the way to the edges or elect to leave a bit of a “crust” edge as I have done in the pictures. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the sauce spreading evenly around the sauce.
Finally add your desired toppings. See above for a bunch of suggestions for things that will work great and what may cause a bit of difficulty. Add an extra sprinkling of cheese on top of the toppings if you desire (I think this works best).
Air fry the pizza, slice and serve. These pizzas are so easy to make they are almost no fail!
Love Pizza!? I have some other great pizzas for you to try:
School Pizza– Perhaps the epitome of nostalgia. School Pizza is, as it sounds, a perfect recreation of the the pizza served in American school cafeterias in 1980s and 1990s. It is so easy to recreate in your own home and will bring back all the memories!
Flatbread Pepperoni Pizza– The homemade dough is what makes this pepperoni flatbread pizza so flavorful, bonus points- the scratch made dough also makes your kitchen smell absolutely Heavenly.
Stromboli Pizza Bread is all the flavors you love from your favorite pizza all baked into a delicious loaf of bread that is super easy to customize with all your favorite pizza flavors.
Air Fryer Bagel Bites – These Homemade Air Fryer Bagel Bites are so much better than the store bought variety and can be made in mere minutes with only a few simple ingredients. This kid-friendly favorite will be a hit with the whole family.
Air Fryer Flatbread Pizza has an amazingly light, flakey crust thanks to a “secret ingredient” hack that makes the bread versatile and perfect for pizza!
Air Fryer French Bread Pizza– who doesn’t love French bread pizza and this air fryer version could not be faster or easier to make. Customize with your favorite sauce and toppings and an easy Lunch or Dinner is ready to go!
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- Air Fryer
- 1-8 inch flour tortilla
- 2 Tablespoons pizza sauce
- ½ cup cheese
- Optional toppings
- Additional cheese to cover the toppings optional
- Spray both sides of an 8-10" tortilla lightly with olive oil spray.
- Add approximately 2 Tablespoons of sauce.
- Top with the cheese followed by any desired toppings and, finally, any additional cheese you may wish to add.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350. Air fry for 8 minutes. Allow to sit for a minute or two before slicing and serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. To learn more read our disclosure page.