These Air Fryer Turnip Bites came to being as a result of our CSA box. Turnips?, what to do? So I developed these easy air fryer turnip bites. They mimic potato bites but with a slightly more flavorful texture. The par-boiling, while an extra step, is totally necessary to make the crispy final texture necessary.
What to serve with Air Fryer Turnip Bites?
Copycat Red Robin Burnin Love Burger– The spicy jalapenos of this burger are a great balance for the mildness of the these turnip bites.
Instant Pot Olive Garden Minestrone Copycat
Cranberry Meatballs-are SO easy to make. Serve as sliders or with noodles. These turnip bites will be perfect as a side dish!
Air Fryer Turnip Bites
- Air Fryer
- 1-1.5 pounds turnips trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the turnips into approximately ½ “ cubes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the turnip cubes and cook for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Toss the turnips with the olive oil. Next add the breadcrumbs, dill and salt and pepper and toss again.
- Add to the basket of the air fryer. Preheat to 380 degrees. Cook for approximately 20 minutes, tossing once half-way through. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.