These Air Fryer Veggie Tots are so easy to make from scratch and cook up easily. Kids love these healthy bits and adults will also enjoy them as an easy, healthy snack, side or nibble during the day.
What are Air Fryer Veggie Tots:
These crispy bite-sized veggie balls are a perfect side dish that is so easy to make at home. Our version is 100% sketch free (no scary preservatives or crazy ingredients) and is adored by kids and adults alike. They are a great way to add some extra veggies to your kids (or your own) diet without even feeling like you are depriving yourself. Step aside fries, these veggie tots will be a new favorite.
How to Serve Air Fryer Veggie Tots:
Fresh made is definitely a favorite, but these tots actually keep very well. They can be refrigerated and stored for later, re-warm or even snack on them cold (or maybe that is just me).
With sauce: my kids prefer ketchup, one likes honey, I like Ranch dressing, so basically, whatever you would choose to dip a fry in would work great for these air fryer veggie tots.
As a “meatball” alternative. I often serve these alongside spaghetti or noodles as a non-meat, meatball alternative. They actually are very good with marinara or similar sauce and give a more filling meal to the non-meat eaters in your household.
If you enjoy these air fryer veggie tots, here are some other air fryer snacks we think you will love:
Air Fryer Crispy Mac and Cheese Bites-another kid-friendly favorite. These crispy bites combine leftover macaroni and cheese with a light breading and are made into bite-sized yumminess in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Potato Cakes– another great leftover use-up recipe. Turn last night’s mashed potatoes into cheesy patties with just enough crisp to make it seem like a whole new side dish.
Air Fryer Garlic Knots -the classic Italian style side dish gets the simplest (and fastest) ever variety with these easy garlic knots in the air fryer–trust me, you will never make the frozen variety again!
Air Fryer Veggie Tots
- air fyer
- 1, 12 ounce package frozen broccoli florets
- 1, 12 ounce package frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 shallot
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- A few dashes of favorite hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the broccoli and cauliflower according to package directions. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Line the basket of an air fryer with air fryer parchment paper. Scoop the broccoli cauliflower mixture out in 1 Tablespoon scoops and gently form into balls using your palms. Place on the prepared air fryer basket. Spray the tops lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375. Cook for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.