This Boursin Grilled Cheese is decadent enough to be loved by adults but simple enough to make for a weeknight. You will love the flavors of this easy to prepare grilled sandwich.
What are the Ingredients in Boursin Grilled Cheese?
French bread– You will need 8 slices each 3/4 – 1″ in thickness. This should be about one standard sized French baguette from your local grocer.
Baby Bella mushrooms, I like these mushrooms for this dish as they are easy to find and not oversized compared to the peppers and onions. If you would prefer; however, you can easily substitute Portobello mushrooms.
Red and Green Bell Peppers– the combination helps give some nice color to your sandwich. You can substitute yellow or orange bell pepper if you prefer.
Small yellow or sweet onion
Boursin Cheese– I used the garlic & fine herb variety. If you cannot find it the shallot & chive or basil & chive varieties would also be perfect for this sandwich.
Provolone Cheese– I used smoked provolone cheese for these sandwiches; however, if you prefer, non-smoked provolone would also work well.
How to Make Boursin Grilled Cheese?
Begin by adding the baby Bella mushrooms, red and green bell peppers and onion to a sheet pan. Toss lightly with olive oil and roast for 15 minutes at 425. Alternatively, you can roast in an air fryer at 375 for about 10 minutes.
Slice the bread into 8 slices each approximately ½ – ¾ “ thick, depending on the size of your loaf, you may have some leftover. Spread one side of the slices lightly with softened butter or mayonnaise. This is what will be on the outside of your sandwich to give it the “grilled” texture. Either will work fine, it is just a matter of preference.
Place half of the bread slices, butter (or mayonnaise) side down. Spread the other sides with about half of the Boursin cheese, dividing evenly among the four slices.
Layer the red bell pepper strips, green bell pepper strips, onions and mushrooms on top of the Boursin cheese. Add the sliced provolone over top of the veggies.
Spread the remaining slices with the remaining Boursin cheese and place atop the sandwiches. Finally, spread the tops with butter or mayonnaise. Your sandwiches are now assembled and ready to grill.
There are several methods you can use for cooking your Boursin Grilled Cheese.
- First, you can do as I did and use your air fryer. Set it to 375 and cook for approximately 7 minutes, not that models do vary, so be sure to check your sandwiches before that time.
- Use a panini press or smokeless indoor grill. Pre-heat the grill and then cook for 5-7 minutes until the outsides are lightly browned and toasted.
- Use a pan. Heat the pan over medium high heat, cook for 3-4 minutes per side flipping half way through.
What to serve with Boursin Grilled Cheese?
This copycat Chick Fil A Kale Crunch Salad is an easy homemade version of the popular side dish from Chick Fil A Chicken restaurants. This superfood dish is easy to recreate at home in a large batch and makes a perfect side dish to many dishes. The combo of kale and Napa cabbage greens also means this salad stores much better than most making it an ideal side for leftovers the next day or meal prep. The homemade maple mustard vinaigrette is so easy to make and will soon become a favorite.
This easy Instant Pot version of Olive Garden’s Minestrone Soup could not be simpler to put together. It epitomizes why people enjoy pressure cooking with the drop and go cooking method. The cozy soup will pair perfectly with your Boursin grilled cheese for a veggie-packed dinner that both kids and adults will love.
These air fryer broccoli bites are such a snap to make and are a kid-friendly favorite. They are a simple lunch-time bite, a vegetarian nugget substitute or a tasty side dish. You will love how easy these are to make. They are a great way to ensure that kids get their veggies and would be a fun side in the event their sandwich is more cheese/less veggie.
This 4 ingredient potato soup is so fast an easy to make with the help of a pressure cooker. And all that with only 4 simple ingredients! You will love this simple soup that is perfect for a light meal or side dish. You can even enjoy dipping the sandwich in this cheesy soup.
Boursin Grilled Cheese
- 1 loaf French bread
- 6 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1, 5.2 oz package Boursin cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Add the baby bella mushrooms, red and green bell peppers and onion to a sheet pan. Toss lightly with olive oil and roast for 15 minutes at 425.
- Slice the bread into 8 slices each approximately ½ – ¾ “ thick. Spread one side of the slices lightly with butter or mayonnaise. Spread the other with the boursin cheese. Divide the veggies evenly among half of the bread slices and top with the provolone cheese. Finally, add the other slices of bread atop the provolone, boursin side down.
- Cook the sandwiches in the air fryer for 7 minutes at 375. Alternatively, the sandwiches can be cooked on a panini press or in a skillet over medium high for several minutes on each side.
Boursin Grilled Cheese