A MUCH more flavorful take on the beloved feta pasta, this Boursin Tomato pasta is packed with herbaceous flavor, cheesy goodness, and just enough heat to make it an unforgettable favorite. Even better, it could not be easier to make!
What are the ingredients in Boursin Tomato Pasta?
- Shell Pasta– I used shell pasta as I like how the cheesy filling settles into the middle of the shells. Another good choice would be a rotini. You would just want to avoid something smooth like a ziti where the sauce will be less likely to stick.
- Boursin– look for this in the deli section of your grocer, usually in the cases near the produce department. It comes in a small green box, wrapped in foil.
- Laughing Cow– I like the combo of the Laughing Cow with the Boursin to mix up the flavor a bit, and make the dish not quite as heavy as it otherwise might be. I used the Garlic & Herb flavor however, the pepper jack cheese variety would also work very well in this pasta dish.
- Cherry Tomatoes-these little tomatoes work well as they lightly burst when heated. If you can’t find cherry tomatoes, small grape tomatoes will work nearly as well.
- Shallot – These work well for this pasta dish as they do not give off an overly strong onion flavor, but also do not wilt as scallions would during the roasting process.
- Olive oil–this is absolutely essential to this dish or the tomato mixture would come out overly dry and not blend as well with the cooked pasta.
- Salt & Pepper
- Crushed Red pepper flakes-I love the light touch of heat that these provide to this pasta, if you do not like heat, feel free to use less or omit
- Chives– these add a nice, fresh pop of color to the final pasta and a light hint of flavor.
How do you make Boursin Tomato Pasta?
- Begin by preheating the oven so it will be ready to roast the tomatoes and cheese.
- Add the Boursin cheese and the Laughing Cow wedges to the center of a pie plate. Scatter the tomatoes around the cheese. Top with the salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the entire pie plate. There is no need to stir.
- Place the pie plate in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the tomatoes are just beginning to burst.
- While the tomatoes and cheese are cooking, cook the pasta according to the time listed on the package making sure to save some of the pasta water.
- When the tomatoes and cheese are done, use a fork to break up the cheese in the center.
- Add the pasta and gently fold together the pasta, cheeses and tomatoes.
- Taste for seasonings and sprinkle with the chives.
Can Boursin Tomato Pasta be made in advance?
While best served fresh, this Boursin Pasta with Tomatoes can be made in advance. To do so, prepare as directed earlier in the day. When ready to serve, begin to reheat and then stir through some of the reserved pasta water, bit by bit, until the sauce is loosened and easily spreads around the pasta.
What to serve with Boursin Tomato Pasta?
- This crispy Air Fryer Texas Toast is perfect with this creamy pasta dish. It is great for scooping up any extra cheesy tomato sauce.
- Garlic Knots are absolutely perfect with this pasta. This air fryer version is as easy as it gets.
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms are an easy side dish that is a great way to “fancy up” this pasta dish.
- A nice fresh salad would also go perfectly with this creamy boursin pasta dish. This copycat Chick Fil A Kale Salad is easy to make, super fresh and works perfectly.
Boursin Tomato Pasta
- 8 ounces shell pasta
- 1, 5.2 oz box of Boursin Garlic and Herb Cheese
- 4 wedges Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon chives minced
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Place the Boursin cheese and laughing cow wedges in a pie plate. Add the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until tomatoes are just beginning to burst. Take a fork and gently mash up the cheese and lightly fold in the pasta and tomatoes. Top with the chives and taste for salt and pepper.
if preparing this dish in advance, use some of the reserved pasta water to thin the sauce when ready to serve.
[…] Boursin Tomato Pasta is a much more flavorful twist on the internet sensation with no extra […]
[…] Boursin Tomato Pasta is A MUCH more flavorful take on the beloved feta pasta, this Boursin Tomato pasta is packed with herbaceous flavor, cheesy goodness, and just enough heat to make it an unforgettable favorite. […]
Boursin Tomato Pasta
Boursin Tomato Pasta