These broccoli tacos are a great way to get some extra veggies into your diet. The smaller-sized taco shells make these fun for kids too. The Dijon and balsamic sauce make them tasty for adults too.
How to Make Broccoli Tacos
Begin by chopping all of your veggies into bite sized pieces. Add to a large bowl and toss with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Lay out on a pan and sprinkle with the salt, pepper and chili flakes if using.
Next roast the veggies until done.
How to serve Broccoli Tacos
- Stuff your veggies into your chosen shells. I prefer mini shells for these tacos as they make them more bite-sized, they hold together better than on larger shells and kids love them. These are great for mini crunchy tacos while these are perfect if you prefer soft shells.
- Add your Dijon. You can either spread some onto the base of your shells or add some on top of your veggies.
- Sprinkle some sharp cheddar cheese on top and melt if desired.
What to Serve with Broccoli Tacos
Stick with the veggies-add a cherry tomato salad or some crudites with dip or hummus.
Add some fruit-keep it fun and consider making some fruit “kabobs”.
Add a Protein– Serve your broccoli tacos with some grilled chicken, fish or some 3-bean salad.
Try some of our other kid-friendly favorites:
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza – an easy take on super-thin crust pizza that is easy to customize with your favorite toppings and light enough to make an easy kid-sized meal.
Cheez It Mac & Cheese – the beloved snack cracker transforms into the crunchy topping on this ultra creamy macaroni and cheese.
Broccoli Bites – These veggie bites are perfect as a meatball alternative to add to to noodles. They also work great as a finger-food bite that kids will enjoy dipping in Ranch dressing or ketchup.
Pizza Sandwiches– are a very portable, less-messy way to serve pizza to kids. They are easy to mix up with your favorite toppings.
Mac & Cheese Quesadilla– are such a fun way to combine two kid-friendly favorites, these are a great way to re-mix leftovers.
For the filling:
- 1 pound of broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 small bunch asparagus cut in ½-1” pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes : optional
- Dijon mustard
- Mini taco shells either crunchy or flour boats
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Add the broccoli, bell pepper, onion and asparagus to a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil, vinegar and sprinkle with the salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, tossing once or air fry at 400 for 20 minutes, tossing once.
- Prepare your chosen taco shells as directed on the package. Spread lightly with the dijon mustard, if desired. Fill with the broccoli mixture and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Place under the broiler for a few minutes or microwave just to melt the cheese. Enjoy.