What is Copycat Little Caesars Cheesy Bread?
Quite literally what it says a Copycat take on Little Caesars Cheese Sticks. This is my version of the cheesy, garlicky breadsticks served by Little Caesars. This dish came about when my kids were, once again, requesting we order Little Caesars pizza. The thing is, they don’t really want the pizza, they want the breadsticks. So the day this came up was cold and raining and I wasn’t feeling like leaving the house. So I decided this was going to be a DIY moment.
This post may contain affiliate links. To learn more view our disclaimer.
We had tried several other attempts at this recipe in the past, but nothing really worked quite how we wanted it to, until this day. I think the swap to adding the butter before the baking helped it to more easily permeate the crust and make for a less dry former version.
Can I customize Copycat Little Caesars Cheesy Bread?
Sure! Here are some ideas:
- Butter you can easily swap an olive oil spread such as smart balance
- Seasonings You could swap the garlic powder for garlic salt, add dried basil, dried oregano
- Cheese I used pepper jack cheese. Cheddar and mozzarella would also work really well.
- Add some diced fresh herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary, etc) would taste really good in this dish though it may take the Bread away from tasting like a copycat.
- Dips I served these with my favorite pizza sauce to dip. Other options might be a garlic butter dip, ranch or blue cheese.
Can Copycat Little Caesars Cheesy Bread be Made Vegetarian or Vegan?
The Bread, as written is vegetarian-friendly. For this particular dish I have not attempted a vegan version. If you try one please do let me know how hit turns out as I would love to know how that option would work!.
What to serve with Copycat Little Caesars Cheesy Bread?
There of so many great options here!
- You could go with the traditional pizza
- Fettuccine alfredo
- Chicken Parmesan
- Roasted Vegetables such as Lemon Roasted Vegetables
- Grilled Chicken
- Soup. Try our Instant Pot Minestrone or Vegetarian Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Dinner salad.
Copycat Little Caesars Cheesy Bread
- 1 package (2 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water not boiling
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp Butter (I used olive oil spread)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups shredded pepper-jack cheese
- Combine the yeast, sugar and warm water in a large bowl. Let stand for a few minutes until the yeast becomes foamy.
- Stir in the olive oil, salt and flour.
- Gently knead until a dough ball forms. This is a softer dough so it will not form a firm ball. Try to add additional flour only if necessary as it will make for a drier final dish.
- Cover and let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil and spray with olive oil spray. Press the dough into the dish until it reaches the edges. Let rise for 15-20 minutes. Heat the oven to 400.
- Melt the butter and stir in the garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Prick the risen dough all over with a fork. Pour the butter mixture over the dough and spread out with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly across the top.
- Bake 20 minutes until the butter is absorbed and the cheese is beginning to brown. Slice into 16 sticks and serve.