This crack corn dip is amazingly addictive. It blends corn, spicy Ranch seasoning, pepper jack cheese, bacon, green onions and lots of cheddar. The result is a creamy, spicy dip that is perfect for parties, barbecues, etc.
What are the ingredients in crack corn dip?
- Frozen corn – in this case frozen corn is so much easier to use than fresh and comes out the perfect texture every time
- Olive oil mayonnaise-I chose this mayonnaise as it has less fat than traditional mayonnaise while maintaining its flavor
- Spicy dry ranch dressing mix–I like the extra spice that this adds to the dip, if you prefer a less spicy dish, free free to use regular dry ranch powder
- Laughing cow wedges in pepperjack flavor–this cheese gives you the great bite of pepperjack but in a lightened up version of traditional cream cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Hot sauce-I used texas pete, just use whatever your favorite hot sauce is, if you prefer a less spicy dip, you can wait until after baking to decide if you would like to add the hot sauce or not
- Garlic powder-I prefer garlic powder over freshly grated garlic for this dish as I feel it spreads more evenly throughout the dish and helps to avoid any raw garlic flavoring in the final dip
- Onion Powder– much like the garlic powder, I feel onion powder works better than fresh onions in this dish as it spreads more evenly throughout the dip and provides a lighter onion flavor without any raw onion flavoring.
- Green onions– these provide a nice punch of color in the final dip as well as a light onion flavoring that works just fine regardless of the season.
- Bacon– I used pre-cooked bacon for the speediness factor. It is easy to pop them in the microwave and have crispy bacon ready in nearly a minute. If you would prefer to pan-griddle regular bacon, that will, of course, work just fine. Also, if you would like to substitute soy bacon (such as Morningstar), that will work alright in this dish as well if you would like to keep things Vegetarian.
- Cheddar cheese- pre-shredded will work just fine. If you prefer to shred the cheese on your own, it will also work, and may melt a bit more smoothly.
How to Make Crack Corn Dip?
- Cook the frozen corn according to the package directions. Add the corn to the bowl of a food processor. Also add the olive oil mayonnaise, the spicy ranch dressing mix, the laughing cow wedges, the plain Greek yogurt, the hot sauce, the garlic powder and the onion powder.
- Pulse until the mixture is smooth.
- Fold in the green onions, cooked, crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese and the whole corn. Stir until smooth.
- Bake the dip for 10 minutes until warmed through and melted.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips or veggies to dip in the crack corn dip.
Can this dip be made in advance?
Yes, you can make this dip in advance. The best way to do so will be to assemble the dip up to the point of baking and then to bake the dip when you are ready to serve the dish. Baking the dish in advance will simply require you to have to re-warm the dip all over again.
What to serve with Crack Corn Dip?
- This Red Robin Copycat Burnin Love Burger combines crispy jalapenos, a homemade cheese sauce and a tomato corn salsa for a spicy delight of a burger. Some zesty corn dip on the side would be a perfect pairing.
- These Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms are another easy side dish or appetizer that you may also love.
Crack Corn Dip
- To Puree:
- 20 oz frozen corn cooked, divided
- ⅓ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 packet dry spicy ranch dressing
- 2 laughing cow wedges pepperjack flavor
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 5 dashes hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- To Stir in:
- 2 green onions chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups corn
- Add 12oz of the thawed corn to the bowl of a food processor along with the mayonnaise, the spicy ranch, the laughing cow, the Greek yogurt, the hot sauce and the garlic and onion powders. Pulse until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients: the green onion, bacon, cheddar and corn.
- Heat the oven to 350, bake for 10 minutes and serve, immediately with veggies or tortilla chips to dip.