What is in Creamy Vegetarian Pasta?
So this dish came around when I was getting ready to re-make my beloved Instant Pot Butter Parmesan Spaghetti but, I turned out I was out of parmesan cheese. So that was not going to work. It was time for a new plan.
This Creamy Cajun Pasta began when I recently made Deviled Crab Cakes and decided it might be fun to see if I could make a combination twist of the two. And, thus began the Instant Pot Creamy Cajun Pasta.
What is Similar to Instant Pot Butter Parmesan Spaghetti?
Both use spaghetti as the form of pasta. Both come together in around 20 minutes with only about 5 minutes of hands-on time.
What is Different from the original?
This dish mixes up all the seasonings. Swaps the butter for mayo. Adds so Dijon and hot sauce and trades the parmesan for Monterrey jack cheese.
What Sides go well with this Vegetarian Cajun Pasta Recipe?
- Grilled corn
- Fried Okra
- Crab Cakes, try our Deviled Crab Cakes
- Grilled Shrimp
- Grilled Chicken
- Sautéed Peppers
- Grilled Vegetables
Add in Ideas for This Pasta if you are serving Non-Vegetarians
As I said at the beginning of this post, I based this dish off the flavors of a crab cake dish, if I had had some fresh lump crab around I would have definitely attempted to mix that in to make sort of a crab cake pasta. And writing it, I’m still interested, that me be coming soon.
Otherwise some cooked andouille sausage or shrimp would pair amazingly well with this dish the only thing is is would increase the time.
For the sausage, I would add a bit of oil to the Instant Pot. Set to sauté and sear the sausage (sliced) until cooked. Set aside and stir through the final dish. Similarly, for the shrimp I would poach or grill it separately and then fold through the cooked pasta so it didn’t get over-cooked in the Instant Pot.
How to Make Creamy Vegetarian Pasta:
This recipe is so incredibly easy to make. Here is how to make this recipe in your pressure cooker:
- Begin by adding all ingredients except for the pepper jack cheese to the bowl of your Instant Pot. This includes the vegetable broth, heavy cream, spaghetti noodles, garlic powder, old bay seasoning, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, dried parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce and fresh chives.
- Set your pressure cooker to sealing and high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the cooking time has completed, allow a natural release of pressure for six minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir in the pepper jack cheese until it begins to melt. Return the lid to the pot to allow the cheese to finish melting and for the sauce to thicken.
- Serve warm, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Vegetarian Cajun Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz spaghetti broken in thirds
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh, diced chives
- 2/3 cup pepper jack cheese
- Add all ingredients except for the Pepper Jack Cheese to the pressure cooker.
- Set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once cooking is finished, allow a natural release for 6 minutes and then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Stir in the pepper jack cheese.
- Replace lid for a few minutes to allow cheese to melt and sauce to thicken.
Creamy Vegetarian Pasta