To Quiche or not to Quiche?
So this dish is a bit of a combination. It isn’t a true quiche, yet it also really isn’t a pie. So we are going to call it a crustless quiche and call it a day. Correctly titled or not, it is easy, delicious and perfect for Spring!
Begin by gathering all of your ingredients:
- 1 pound of asparagus
- 1/2 a cups of scallions, when chopped (approximately half a bunch)
- 1/2 Tablespoon of dry dill (or substitute 2 tablespoons of fresh dill)
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 Lemon (to yield 1 Tablespoon of lemon zest and 1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of skim milk
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 large eggs
Assemble the Crustless Asparagus Quiche
Begin by combining the asparagus, scallions, dill, parsley, feta and lemon pepper. Place it into the pie pan, spreading evenly.
Combine the flour and baking powder. Add the remaining ingredients and pour evenly over the pie dish.
Bake for around 30 minutes. Allow it to set for a few minutes before slicing.
What to serve with Crustless Asparagus Quiche
- Lemon roasted vegetables are a fresh easy way to make a delightful Spring-time meal or a light dinner.
- Another way to make for a light, easy meal is to make these Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes.
- Some parmesan crusted cheesy potato bites would also be an amazing side.
- Italian Roasted Vegetables would be another good option, both are perfect for meal prep and keep very well.
Crustless Asparagus Quiche
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1/2 Tbs dried dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the vegetables: Remove the tough ends from the asparagus, chop into 1/2" pieces. Chop the scallions. Place the asparagus in a bowl with 1 cup of water. Microwave for 4 minutes.
- Lightly spray a pie dish with olive oil.
- Combine the asparagus, scallions, dill, parsley, feta cheese and lemon pepper. Spoon into the pie dish.
- Combine the baking powder and flour in a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and combine well. Pour evenly over the pie dish.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife in the center comes out clear. Allow to chill for 5 minutes before slicing.