What is this Asparagus & Egg Dish?
This Crustless Asparagus Feta Quiche is a bit of a combination. It isn’t a true quiche, yet it also really isn’t a pie. So we are going to call it a crustless quiche. In any event it is a perfect dish for Springtime brunches, Easter morning or a light dinner. Leftovers keep well and it is a snap to put together making this a dish you will want to make all season.
Crustless Asparagus Feta Quiche Ingredients & Substitutions:
- 1 pound of asparagus-fresh asparagus, not frozen, will work best for this pie
- 1/2 a cups of scallions, when chopped (approximately half a bunch)
- 1/2 Tablespoon of dry dill. If you prefer to use fresh you can substitute 2 Tablespoons of fresh chopped dill
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of flour, regular all-purpose flour works fine or use gluten free if that is your preference
- 1 Lemon (to yield 1 Tablespoon of lemon zest and 1/4 cup lemon juice)
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of skim milk, almond or soy milk may be substituted if that is your preference
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 large eggs
Assemble the Crustless Asparagus Feta Quiche
Begin by combining the asparagus, scallions, dill, parsley, feta and lemon pepper. Place it into the pie pan, spreading evenly.
Combine the flour and baking powder. Add the remaining ingredients and pour evenly over the pie dish.
Bake for around 30 minutes, you will know the quiche is done when a toothpick inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean.
Allow the dish to set for a few minutes before slicing, this will allow the crustless quiche to firm up a bit and make it easier to create “prettier” slices.
What to serve with Crustless Asparagus Quiche
- Lemon Roasted Vegetables are a fresh easy way to make a delightful Spring-time meal or a light dinner.
- Another way to make for a light, easy meal is to make these Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes.
- Some parmesan crusted cheesy potato bites would also be an amazing side.
- Italian Roasted Vegetables would be another good option, both are perfect for meal prep and keep very well.
Crustless Asparagus Feta Quiche
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1/2 Tbs dried dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the vegetables: Remove the tough ends from the asparagus, chop into 1/2" pieces. Chop the scallions. Place the asparagus in a bowl with 1 cup of water. Microwave for 4 minutes.
- Lightly spray a pie dish with olive oil.
- Combine the asparagus, scallions, dill, parsley, feta cheese and lemon pepper. Spoon into the pie dish.
- Combine the baking powder and flour in a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and combine well. Pour evenly over the pie dish.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife in the center comes out clear. Allow to chill for 5 minutes before slicing.