This post may contain affiliate links. To learn more please see our disclaimer.
How to make Easy 10 Minute Tortilla Soup
This tortilla soup comes together in no time at all. It is perfect for weeknights, lunches, or any time you need a super simple meal. The process begins by crisping some corn tortilla strips.
Turn the strips around in the oil for a while until they are crispy and browned. Once the strips are ready, remove them to a plate or bowl.
After the strips are done, cook the vegetables in the remaining oil. Add the tomatoes. Add the seasonings and and hot sauce you may like. Add the lime juice.
Once the soup is pureed, divide among bowls. Top with remaining tortilla strips, avocado cubes and queso fresco cheese. Enjoy immediately.
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 2 jalapenos
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp oil divided
- 2 zucchini
- 2 28oz cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 lime
- hot sauce
- 1 avocado
- queso fresco
- salt and pepper
- First, get everything cut up. Chop the tortillas into small strips. Mine the garlic. Peel & chop the zucchini. Dice, and seed the jalapeno. Chop the avocado.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add the tortilla strips and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are browned and crispy. Remove to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil over medium-high. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add the zucchini and jalapeno and cook, stirring occasionally for a few minutes, until softened.
- Add the stewed tomatoes and about half of the fried tortilla strips to the pan. Cook to warm through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add hot sauce if desired. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime.
- Puree the soup using either an immersion blender or a food processor or blender.
- Serve soup topped with the remaining tortilla strips, avocado, and crumbled queso fresco.