This air fryer enchilada casserole is the second part of this two part recipe that allows you to cook once and eat twice. This recipe utilizes the homemade Paprika Cream Sauce which we served over egg noodles. In dish, we show how the same sauce can be utilized to make an easy enchilada baked casserole in the air fryer.
Can Air Fryer Enchilada Casserole be made with a different sauce?
Yes! While I love the paprika cream sauce with this easy enchilada bake, this casserole can easily be made with any homemade or store-bought enchilada sauce that you love.
Air Fryer Enchilada Casserole
- Air Fryer
- ¾ cup cottage cheese
- ⅔ cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 2 Tablespoons onion finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 recipe Paprika Cream Sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Combine the cottage cheese and onion in a food processor and puree until smooth. Combine the mixture with the Monterey Jack cheese and salt, stirring well.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread ¼ cup of the Paprika Sauce in the bottom of the prepared cooking dish. Arrange 4 tortillas over the sauce, overlapping as needed. Spread ½ of the cottage cheese mixture over the tortillas followed by ⅓ of the remaining paprika sauce.
- Repeat the layers. Top with the remaining paprika sauce, followed by the cheddar cheese.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees. Air fry for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
[…] When made with hot Mexican paprika, as indicated in the recipe. This sauce makes the perfect sauce for our easy Air Fryer Enchilada Casserole! […]
[…] may have affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn by purchasing qualifying items. With this air fryer enchilada casserole dish, you’ll have plenty of time to assemble the sides. This dish is extremely simple to make. […]