This Feisty Feta Dip has it all. Warm, goo-ey baked feta cheese, sundried tomatoes, olives, fresh herbs and more. What more could you want in the perfect party dip or spread for “special night” crostini.
- Feta Cheese-This is the key ingredient to this entire dish an is pretty much irreplaceable. You could choose to use a flavored feta block such as Italian-seasoned or garlic and herb.
- Green Olives-You will want these sliced or chopped to make them easier to spread in the dip. You could choose to substitute kalamata or black olives if you prefer those.
- Sundried-Tomatoes–These have a great savory flavor that adds a nice richness to the dip.
- Olive Oil-This adds a wonderful flavor to the dip and pairs amazingly with the feta cheese.
- Garlic Powder-I like to use garlic powder in this dish instead of fresh garlic as fresh garlic can sometimes burn leaving an unpleasant bitter taste during the broiling process. If you prefer to substitute fresh garlic, just make sure to keep a close eye on the dip as it is cooking to avoid any burning.
- Fresh Rosemary & Thyme-The fresh herbs will help give you the maximum flavor in this baked feta dip recipe. If fresh is unavailable, you may substitute dried herbs.
- Dried Oregano-I prefer dried to fresh oregano in this fiesty feta dip as I feel fresh oregano can at times be too strong of a flavor and have a tendency to overtake the dish, for that reason, I feel dried works better.
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
How to Make Feisty Feta Dip
Heat-The oven to bake your feta dip. You will cook this dip on 350.
Combine- The feta cheese, olives, tomatoes, rosemary and thyme in the baking dish. Combine the olive oil with the dry seasonings and drizzle over the feta mixture.
Bake & Broil– Bake the mixture for 25 minutes or until it is beginning to melt. Next, broil the mixture for up to 3 minutes until it is well warmed. Serve immediately.
Sides to Serve with this Feisty Feta Dip
Baked feta dip is a delicious appetizer that is perfect for serving with a variety of sides. Here are some ideas:
- Pita chips or bread: Serve your baked feta dip with some toasted pita chips or sliced bread.
- Vegetables: Offer a selection of fresh veggies such as carrot sticks, cucumber slices, bell pepper strips, and cherry tomatoes to dip in your baked feta dip.
- Olives: Olives are a perfect accompaniment to feta cheese, so serve a variety of olives alongside your dip.
- Grilled vegetables: Grilled vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, and mushrooms are also delicious with baked feta dip.
- Dips: If you want to offer more dipping options, try serving some hummus, tzatziki, or baba ganoush alongside your baked feta dip.
- Nuts: A bowl of toasted nuts such as almonds or walnuts can also be a nice addition to your appetizer spread.
- Charcuterie: A charcuterie board with a variety of cured meats, cheeses, and crackers can complement your baked feta dip and make for a more substantial appetizer spread.
Remember to balance your flavors and textures so that your guests can enjoy a variety of tastes and experiences with your baked feta dip.
If you like Feisty Feta Dip, other dips you may enjoy!
Crack Corn Dip-Corn, Ranch seasoning, bacon and a bunch of other yumminess combine in this addictive riff on the traditional chicken salad.
4 Ingredient Guacamole– The BEST, easy as it gets take on the traditional, you will love this one.
Cheetos Cheeseball– If you like cheetos chips at all you will LOVE this cheetos cheeseball. The perfect snack for a party or side for a casual dinner meal.
Feisty Feta Dip
- 8 oz. block feta
- 1 cup green olives sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- For serving:
- Sliced crostini
- Celery sticks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add feta to a small baking dish.
- Add olives, sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary and thyme to the baking dish around and atop the feta.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, and a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
- Pour over the feta mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes until beginning melt. Broil for 1-3 minutes until top is just starting to char and cheese is well warmed.
- Serve immediately with your choice of dipping options.