This four ingredient guacamole is as easy as it gets. Less than five minutes and four simple ingredients is all it takes to make this amazing avocado dip.
What are the ingredients in Four Ingredient Guacamole?
As always when we count ingredients, salt and pepper are considered freebies as pretty much everyone will always have those on hand. So, in addition to some salt and pepper, here are the four ingredients.
- Avocados – for this recipe you want to use regular Haas avocados. They should be soft enough to give slightly to gently pressure, but not so soft as to be overly mushy.
- Hot picante sauce – I used this one by Herdez. I find the HOT version works best here as the other ingredients dull a lot of the heat in this picante. If you are especially sensitive to heat you could always substitute a milder variety.
- Olive oil mayonnaise – I like to use olive oil mayonnaise for this guacamole as it is a somewhat healthier alternative to traditional mayonnaise and I feel the flavor works better in this guacamole. If you prefer, you could substitute regular mayonnaise.
- Lemon – the lemon juice will help prevent your guacamole from browning while also adding a bright, tangy flavor to your four ingredient guacamole. I liked it with half a lemon, you could use a bit more if you like an especially tart dip.
What else could I add to this guacamole?
Adding more will take this away from being a four ingredient guacamole; however, sometimes you may wish to customize with a few extras. In that case, here are a few ideas:
- Hot sauce – a few dashes of a favorite hot sauce can add a bit of heat to this dip
- Cumin or coriander – both can often be found in guacamoles and would work great in this guacamole
- Chili powder – like hot sauce, this can add a bit more heat to your avocado dip
- Garlic powder – I prefer garlic powder to fresh garlic in this guacamole because it avoids any of the raw garlic flavor.
How easy is it to make this four ingredient guacamole?
There wouldn’t be much point in having a recipe with just a few ingredients if it took a bunch of time to make. Here is all you will need to do to:
- Add the halved, peeled avocados, the picante sauce, the mayonnaise, the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Puree to desired consistency and you are done. Really, that is it, one step and done.
- If you wanted to add any additional ingredients you could put them in with the main ingredients or add them, to taste after initially blending the dip.
Ways to serve four ingredient guacamole?
- Go for the classic and serve it with some tortilla chips.
- Add to tacos or fajitas.
- Stir a scoop into burrito bowls.
- Mix it into egg salad for a fresh twist.
- Spread on veggie sandwiches or wraps.
- Use as a dip for veggies.
Can Four Ingredient Guacamole be made in advance?
Yes, this dip can be made ahead of time and will actually taste better if the flavors are allowed to blend for at least an hour or two before serving. When stored in an airtight container, this guacamole will keep for a day or two.
What are some other dishes to serve with this four ingredient guacamole:
- These Air Fryer Stuffed Poblanos are a spicy twist on traditional stuffed peppers that blends ground turkey, cheeses, tomatoes and spicy poblano peppers in a dish that would go perfectly with this guacamole.
- Smoked Queso Dip why serve just one yummy dip when you can serve two?
Air Fryer Chalupas are another restaurant-style favorite that would be a great dish to use some of this guacamole on.
4 ingredient guacamole
- food processor
- 2 avocados peeled and pitted
- 7 oz hot picante sauce I used Herdez Salsa Casara
- ¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- Juice of one half lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce
- Fresh coriander
- Chili powder
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Mix until desired consistency is reached. Add in any optional ingredients you would like to use.