This easy Air Fryer Fried Squash could not be easier to make (NO DREDGING! & NO DEEP FRYING!!!!) It is a perfect Summertime side dish to use up the garden haul!
How to make Air Fryer Fried Yellow Squash
This is one of the recipes that fits perfectly on our site–SO EASY. What I generally hate about breaded foods is the mess. All those bowls, dip this, dredge that, re-start because one is too damp….so I decided to find a way to avoid that. For this Air Fryer Fried Yellow Squash, you are going to use a BAG, not a bowl. So here is what you do: Chop the yellow squash into 1/4″ rounds and place in a gallon sized, zip-top bag.
Whisk together the egg and the milk. I used almond milk as that is my family’s current favorite, but any type of milk you prefer will work just fine!
Add the egg and milk mixture to the bag with the squash and shake-shake-shake to combine very well.
Next, add the seafood batter, 1/4 cup at a time, tossing well to combine. It is good to add it in batches so you do not end up with just the top coated, etc.
I used THIS Seafood batter.
If you like Air Fryer Fried Yellow Squash, try these Air Fried Sides:
Air Fryer Fried Yellow Squash
- Air Fryer
- 2 pounds yellow squash cut in ¼” rounds
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- ¾ cup seafood batter
- Chop the yellow squash and add to a gallon sized bag.
- Beat the egg and combine with the milk. Toss in the bag with the squash.
- Toss in the seafood batter and combine well.
- Add to the basket of the air fryer, in batches, if needed. Spray lightly with cooking oil. Cook at 390 degrees for 25-30 minutes, tossing every 8-10 minutes.