This easy Air Fryer Hashbrown Casserole is packed with veggies and full of flavor. It is perfect for breakfast, brunch or Breakfast-for-Dinner. Super-make-ahead friendly and it keeps great for up to 3-4 days in the fridge. Your whole family will love this!
Ingredients in Air Fryer Hashbrown Casserole
- Red bell pepper: feel free to substitute orange, yellow or green if that is your preference.
- Green Onions
- Southern style hashbrowns/O’brien
- Seasoned Salt
- Dijon Mustard
- Hot sauce
- Greek yogurt
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Air Fryer Hashbrown Casserole:
This recipe makes two 9″ pie pans of casserole. If you would like to make only one, simply halve the recipe. Otherwise, make the full batch to save some for later, or even freeze! Start with spraying your pie pans with cooking spray.
Next, chop your veggies and divide them among the pie pans along with the O’brien potatoes.
Combine the eggs, yogurt and seasonings and pour half into each pan. Stir about a cup of the cheddar into each pan.
Finally, top with the additional cheese and air fryer. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and enjoy!
What are potatoes O’brien?
Potatoes O’Brien is a classic American breakfast dish that consists of diced potatoes that are pan-fried with onions and bell peppers. The dish is named after the chef who popularized it, William O’Brien, who was a chef at Manhattan’s famous Delmonico’s restaurant in the late 19th century.
The ingredients of Potatoes O’Brien typically include:
- Potatoes: Diced potatoes are the main ingredient, and they are usually parboiled before being pan-fried.
- Onions: Diced onions are a key ingredient in the dish, adding a pungent and slightly sweet flavor.
- Bell peppers: Diced green or red bell peppers are another important ingredient in the dish, adding a slightly sweet and crunchy texture.
- Oil or butter: To fry the potatoes and vegetables, oil or butter is used.
Potatoes O’Brien is often served as a side dish with eggs and bacon, or as a main dish with a side of toast or biscuits. It’s a hearty and satisfying breakfast dish that is loved by many.
What else could I add to this Air Fryer Hashbrown Casserole
Diced tomatoes, mushrooms or ham would also be great additions to this casserole. You could also consider adding some additional cheese on top of the dish to make for a nice, crispy topping.
Make your Air Fryer Hashbrown Casserole a meal with these!
Hashbrown casserole is a delicious and hearty dish that can be served for breakfast, brunch, or as a side dish for dinner. Here are some ideas for what to serve with hashbrown casserole:
- Breakfast meats: Serve the hashbrown casserole with your favorite breakfast meats such as bacon, sausage links or patties, or ham.
- Fresh fruit: A side of fresh fruit such as sliced strawberries, bananas, or mixed berries can add a refreshing and healthy element to your meal.
- Salad: A light salad of mixed greens or a Caesar salad can balance the richness of the hashbrown casserole.
- Grilled or roasted vegetables: Serve your casserole with a side of grilled or roasted vegetables, such as asparagus, zucchini, or roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Biscuits or toast: A side of biscuits or toast can be a great addition to your meal, as they can be used to mop up any leftover sauce.
- Beverages: A cup of coffee, tea, or juice can be the perfect accompaniment to your meal.
- Cinnamon Streusel Apple Muffins– These muffin mix muffins are elevated to amazing with this simple recipe.
- Air Fryer Banana Bread– Put the air fryer on double duty with this amazing banana bread
- Air Fryer Mini Quiche-Ham & Swiss in bite sized form, yes please!
Air Fryer Hashbrown Casserole
- Air Fryer
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 bunch green onions tops only, chopped
- 3 cups spinach roughly chopped
- 1, 28 ounce bag frozen Southern style hashbrowns/O’brien
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6-10 dashes hot sauce
- 1, 5 ounce container greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Spray two 9” pie pans with cooking spray. Add the bell pepper, green onions, spinach and half of the hash browns to each pan.
- Stir together the eggs, seasoned salt, mustard, yogurt, pepper and hot sauce. Pour half of the mixture (approximately 1 cup per pan) into each pie pan. Add 1 cup of the cheese to each pan. Stir well to combine.
- Top each pan with an additional ½ cup of cheese.
- Air fry at 360 for 40 minutes or until the eggs are fully set and the liquid is evaporated.
[…] Air Fryer Hashbrown Casserole […]
air fryer hashbrown casserole