This Instant Pot Buffalo Cauliflower Chili is so easy to make, literally a drop and go recipe and is a spicy, delicious take on vegetarian chili. Vegan if you want to omit some of the optional toppings!
Ingredients and Substitutions in Buffalo Cauliflower Chili:
- Olive Oil
- Onion- either yellow or white onion will work fine
- Carrots-peeled and sliced
- Celery Stalks– sliced
- Chili Powder
- Dried Cumin
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Tomato Sauce
- Cauliflower-chopped, fresh cauliflower will work best for this chili dish to give you the best texture and avoid any potential mushiness that may derive from frozen cauliflower.
- Vegetable Broth
- Canned Diced Tomatoes
- Canned Tomato Sauce
- Great Northern Beans-white or cannellini beans can be substituted if that is your preference.
- Frank’s Hot Sauce
- Optional to serve: blue cheese crumbles, chopped celery or green onions
How to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Cauliflower Chili:
- Begin by adding the olive oil to the bowl of your pressure cooker. Set the pot to sauté and allow the oil to warm through. When the bowl is heated, add the carrots, onion and celery and sauté until the onions are becoming translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in all of your spices and continue to cook, stirring, for about two minutes until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste stir until well blended. Turn off the saute mode.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (except for the optional toppings) to the bowl of the pressure cooker. Stir well.
- Set the pressure cooker to high pressure for 30 minutes. When the cooking time is done, quick release any remaining pressure and stir.
- Serve topped with any optional toppings or additional hot sauce.
How to Store Leftover Buffalo Cauliflower Chili:
Leftover chili can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or frozen in individual containers for up to 3 months. Frozen leftovers can be thawed in the fridge, the microwave, or a saucepan.
Other Spicy Greats:
Buffalo Egg Salad– is a super easy, spicy twist on traditional egg salad
Spicy Spanish Omelette– is a Spanish tortilla packed with all the flavors of a jalapeno popper
Instant Pot Buffalo Cauliflower Chili
- pressure cooker
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 4 celery stalks sliced
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 oz tomato sauce
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 ½ c vegetable broth
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 2, 15 oz can Great Northern beans rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Franks hot sauce
- Optional to serve: blue cheese crumbles chopped celery or green onions
- Set the Instant Pot to saute mode. Add the olive oil. When hot, add the onion, celery and carrots and saute until translucent.
- Stir in all of the spices and continue to saute for about 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and cook another minute or two until well blended. Turn off saute mode.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot. Stir, to ensure the veggies don’t burn to the bottom.
- Set to Manual High Pressure for 30 minutes. When done, quick release any remaining pressure & stir.
- Serve topped with crumbled blue cheese, celery, green onions or additional hot sauce.
This makes a large batch which lends to some options:
The recipe can be halved to make a smaller batch.
The recipe keeps well, so use some for leftovers or meal prep for healthy lunches all week.