Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs with Cranberry Glaze
This just just screams Fall to me. It is quick and easy to make, perfect for busy back-to-school days but also filling and wonderful for dinners.
What are the Ingredients in Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs with Cranberry Glaze?
- 1, 10oz bag of frozen meatballs
- 1, 14oz can of whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1, 12oz bottle of chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- ½ cup of vegetable broth
How to Make Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs with Cranberry Glaze?
Here is the real beauty of this dish: it takes FULL advantage of the Instant Pot for a basically zero percent hands on meal.
Begin by pouring all of the ingredients into the bowl of the Instant Pot. Do not defrost the meatballs first. Use a fork or the back of a spoon to gently break up the whole berry cranberry sauce. Next stir the entire dish well to fully coat all of the meatballs.
Next set the Instant Pot to cook. When the cooking time is done, allow a brief natural pressure release and then quick release any remaining pressure. Serve immediately or allow to sit for a few minutes if you prefer a thicker sauce.
How to serve Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs with Cranberry Glaze?
Here are some of my favorite ways to serve these meatballs:
- On slider buns or hoagies. Consider adding lettuce, mustard or even some leftover stuffing or mashed potatoes to round out a sandwich.
- Serve it directly over leftover stuffing or mashed potatoes to freshen up leftovers into a whole new dish.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
- Serve with toothpicks or skewers to use as an appetizer for parties or get-togethers.
What type of meatballs can I use for Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs with Cranberry Glaze?
Really, whatever you prefer will work just fine, just make your choice. I have personally made this dish with both soy meatballs and turkey meatballs and both have come out amazing. Beef or pork meatballs should also work just fine. You will just want to make sure that you are using plain meatballs not “spicy italian” or something else that may strongly alter the flavor of the final dish.
Can I store Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs with Cranberry Glaze?
Yes! These actually store very well. To do so, allow the dish to fully cool. Remove to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. The meatballs can be rewarmed in the microwave.
What are some ideas to pair with Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs with Cranberry Glaze?
- Roasted Carrot Pasta with Herbs and Feta
- This easy pasta dish is packed with herbs and tastes super fresh. The seasoned carrots would be amazing alongside the cranberry meatballs.
- Cheez-it Mac and Cheese
- Make dinner the definition of comfort food by pairing the cranberry glazed metaballs with crispy on top, creamy underneath, Cheez-it Mac and cheese.
- Spicy Cheese Bread
- This spicy cheese bread combines fresh jalapenos with goo-ey pockets of sharp cheddar cheese all in an easy to make, fresh bread loaf that would pair equally well with the meatballs or a soup dish.
- Slow Cooker Rosemary Sea Salt Bread
- Get all the usage you can out of your Instant Pot and start by using the “slow cooker” function. This Rosemary Sea Salt Bread would be amazing topped with the meatballs and accompanying sauce. Or use it to make a sandwich.
- Air Fryer Crispy Mac & Cheese Balls
- Make it an appetizer party and serve the Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs with Cranberry Glaze along with some Air Fryer Crispy Mac & Cheese Balls.
- Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes
- Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes would be a nice side dish for these tangy meatballs for a nice light supper.
Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs
- 1 10 oz bag frozen meatballs
- 1 14 oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 12 oz jar chili sauce such as Heinz
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of the Instant Pot. Use a fork to break up the cranberry sauce. Gently stir to coat all of the meatballs evenly.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 4 minutes. When the cooking time is done, allow a natural pressure release for 5 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
- If you prefer the sauce to be thicker, utilize the keep warm function for a few minutes.
[…] Meatballs like these easy Instant Pot Meatballs with Cranberry Glaze […]
[…] Cranberry Meatballs is another very easy side dish that can easily be made ahead of time and takes minimal hands on time by utilizing frozen meatballs. You could even use mini-meatballs to make for smaller bites. Serve warm with skewers or toothpicks for serving. […]
[…] Instant Pot Cranberry Meatballs […]