These pressure cooker buttered noodles are the perfect weeknight dish. They take only minutes to prepare and yet are packed with scrumptious flavor. Our version is a cross between traditional buttered egg noodles and a spaghetti with cheese mixture. It cooks up fast and is the epitome of dump and go recipes.
Ingredients in Instant Pot Butter Noodles with Garlic
- Vegetable Broth
- Chicken broth can easily be substituted if that is your preference
- Heavy Cream
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil Butter
- This is my favorite form of butter to use in this recipe; however, you can substitute regular butter if that is your preference
- Dried Oregano
- Parmesan Cheese
- This recipe calls for grated rather than shredded parmesan cheese
How to make pressure cooker buttered noodles…
Instant Pot Butter Noodles are one of the easiest recipes you can possibly make; however, your kids and family are likely to LOVE it! To start simply place all of the ingredients except for the cheese into the bowl of your instant pot. Ensure that the noodles are covered by the liquid as much as possible.
Add the lid to your pressure cooker and set to manual high pressure for 6 minutes. When the cooking time is done, allow a natural pressure release for 6 more minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure. Stir in the cheese and you are ready to go! Cheesy, buttery, parmesan-y goodness!
How to store leftover Instant Pot Butter Noodles
- Let the noodles cool down to room temperature before storing them. Leaving them out for too long can cause bacterial growth and spoilage.
- Transfer the noodles to an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag.
- If you have a large amount of leftover noodles, consider dividing them into smaller portions that can be easily reheated.
- Store the noodles in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Be sure to label the container with the date you stored them so that you can keep track of their freshness.
- To reheat the butter noodles, you can either microwave them for a few minutes or heat them in a pan on the stovetop with a little bit of butter or olive oil.
What can I add to Butter Noodles to enhance them a bit more?
- Herbs: Add chopped fresh herbs like parsley, basil, or thyme to your butter noodles for a burst of freshness and flavor.
- Vegetables: Sautéed mushrooms, onions, or cherry tomatoes can add some extra texture and nutrition to your butter noodles.
- Lemon juice: Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over your butter noodles to add a tangy and refreshing taste.
- Red pepper flakes: Add a little bit of spice to your butter noodles by sprinkling some red pepper flakes on top.
What to serve with Instant Pot Butter Noodles
Butter noodles can be a delicious and simple dish on their own, but if you want to serve something alongside them to make a complete meal, here are some ideas:
- Grilled or roasted vegetables: Asparagus, broccoli, carrots, or zucchini can be seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper and then roasted in the oven or grilled for a tasty and healthy side dish. Try these lemon roasted vegetables for a perfect accompaniment.
- Garlic bread: A classic garlic bread is always a great choice to accompany butter noodles. You can use store-bought bread or make your own with a baguette or Italian bread, garlic butter, and parsley. Our Air Fryer Texas Toast would make a perfect base.
- Salad: A simple side salad made with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and a vinaigrette dressing can be a refreshing complement to butter noodles.
- Meatballs: Serve some meatballs on the side for a protein-packed meal. You can make your own meatballs or use frozen ones that can be easily cooked in the oven or on the stovetop.
- Parmesan cheese: Sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top of your butter noodles for a savory flavor and extra protein.
Instant Pot Butter Noodles with Garlic
- pressure cooker
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz spaghetti cut in half
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbs olive oil butter
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2/3 c grated parmesan cheese
- Add all ingredients except the cheese to the pressure cooker.
- Set to high pressure for 6 minutes.
- When the cooking is done, allow the pressure to naturally release for 6 minutes, then do a quick release of the remaining pressure.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Put the lid back on and allow the sauce to thicken for a few minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. To learn more please see our disclaimer.
[…] Instant Pot Butter Parmesan Spaghetti […]
[…] this dish came around when I was getting ready to re-make my beloved Instant Pot Butter Parmesan Spaghetti but, I turned out I was out of parmesan cheese. So that was not going to work. It was time for a […]
[…] Instant Pot Garlic Noodles are a wonderfully creamy pasta dish that pairs amazingly well with these pizza rolls and pizza sauce dip. […]
[…] Instant Pot Garlic Noodles are one of the easiest recipes on this site. It involves placing ingredients in the pressure cooker, no pre-saute, chopping, etc is needed. Stir in the cheese and allow to thicken a bit and dinner is served. Garlic Knots & Garlic Noodles amounts to a perfect weeknight friendly make at home meal. […]
[…] Instant Pot Garlic Noodles […]
[…] the simplicity of these Instant Pot Garlic Noodles with these broccoli bites for two kid friendly […]
[…] Instant Pot Butter Noodles is the epitome of comfort food. […]
My kids love these.