How to Make Instant Pot Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
This dish could not be easier! Pour, wait, pour again, stir, done! So let’s break it all down here!
Can I change the vegetables in Instant Pot Olive Garden Minestrone Soup?
Our version of this dish calls for onions, carrots, celery, green beans and canned tomatoes. It you would like to mix things up a bit other options might include yellow squash, zucchini, spinach, kale, bell peppers (any color you like) or peas could all be good substitutions or additions for this dish.
Options for toppings?
- Parmesan cheese, shaved, grated or shredded (same for Asiago or Romano)
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Baguette slices (to dip)
- [Hard breadsticks|https://amzn.to/3sRmR3u] my favorite Italian restaurant used to always have these on the table but now I have a hard time finding them, even at the local stores
- Fresh herbs: basil and oregano would both provide a nice brightness to this dish.
- Breadsticks (to dip in the soup)
- Bread Boules (to serve the soup in)
What To Serve with Instant Pot Olive Garden Minestrone Soup?
- Broccoli with Parmesan cheese
- Spinach Salad with warm dressing
- Grilled cheese Sandwich Squares
- Grilled chicken breasts
Do I have to use Ditalini in Instant Pot Olive Garden Minestrone Soup?
NO! Feel free to use a variety of pastas; however, do note that the “soak” time on your pasta make increase or decrease if you use a different pasta. Some other great options would be:
- mini farfalle
- achnini de pepe
- small shells
Instant Pot Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Large carrot peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1.5 cups Kale roughly chopped
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- ½ Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1, 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cups ditalini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients except for the pasta in your Instant Pot. Set to high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When the cook time is done, quick release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and stir the pasta and quickly return the lid to the. Allow the pasta to soak until softened, 5-10 minutes. Check for seasonings.