What is Instant Pot Pasta Margherita?
This pasta is one of my favorite dishes to serve when I have company over. The pasta has restaurant quality flavor but weeknight level effort. What could be better!?
What are the ingredients for Instant Pot Pasta Margherita?
The good news with this pasta is that it consists of a lot of ingredients that you likely already have on hand. Those that you might not have are very easy to find at just about any supermarket. It is definitely designed to keep things simple. Here is what you will need along with any easy swaps where they fit well:
- Fettuccine noodles
- Fettuccine is my favorite for this pasta; however, linguine or spaghetti would also go well
- Olive oil or plant based water works just fine
- Olive oil
- Finely chopped onion
- Roma tomatoes
- 2 large tomatoes could substitute for the 6 roma tomatoes
- Chicken bouillon
- *2 cups of chicken broth could be substituted for the water and bouillon
- Half and half
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Garlic herb laughing cow wedges
- The same amount of a different garlic herb soft cheese could be used
How to make Instant Pot Pasta Margherita?
This is the beauty of this dish, it is so simple to make and yet easily tastes like you could have spent a long time to make it. Here are the simple steps to make this amazing pasta margherita:
- Use the Instant Pot to melt the butter and olive oil and then saute the onions.
- Stir in everything except for the cheeses and half the tomatoes and cook.
- Stir in the cheeses and the remaining tomatoes and serve the creamy deliciousness that is this easy pasta margherita.
What to serve with Instant Pot Pasta Margherita?
This pasta dish goes well with many of your favorite Italian sides. Here are some ideas:
- Serve the Pasta Margherita with some starters:
- Put your Instant Pot on double-duty and serve a bowl of Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana alongside your Pasta Margherita for a cozy meal for a chilly night.
- Add a mini bite of calzone yumminess by serving Air Fryer Pinwheels with your pasta.
- Add a salad:
- Keep it simple with spinach, shaved parmesan and an olive oil, lemon dressing
- Try a classic Caesar salad
- Do an Olive Garden copycat with chilled iceberg lettuce, olives, pepperoncini, tomato wedges and zesty Italian dressing, add shredded parmesan cheese if you like
- Serve something alongside the Pasta Margherita:
- This Copycat Little Caesars Cheesy Bread is the perfectly cheese-y breadstick to serve with this pasta margherita dish.
- Try some grilled chicken to boost the protein of your dinner and round out your pasta dish.
- Some Spicy Jalapeno Cheese Bread would also be wonderful as a side dish.
- Keep it classic and serve some amazing Creamed Spinach along with the pasta. And no worries, this side is also weeknight friendly and can be easily made FAST in the Instant Pot.
Can Instant Pot Pasta Margherita be made in advance?
This pasta is at its absolute peak when served fresh; however, making it in advance is certainly an option assuming you take a few steps:
- First, make sure to remove the Pasta Margherita from the Instant Pot as soon as the sauce is thickened to you liking. Failing to do so will cause the noodles to continue to absorb all of the sauce and potentially become dried out.
- Wait until the pasta has fully cooled before sealing in a container. This will prevent steaming of the noodles.
- Once fully cooled, place the noodles in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator.
- The pasta will keep for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave to serve any leftovers.
Instant Pot Pasta Margherita
- pressure cooker
- 8 oz fettuccine broken in half
- 1.5 Tablespoons butter
- 1.5 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ an onion finely chopped
- 6 small roma tomatoes finely chopped, divided
- 2 cups water
- ⅔ cup half and half
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 wedges laughing cow cheese garlic herb flavor
- Set the Instant Pot to saute. Add the butter and olive oil and heat until melted and combined.
- Add the onion and saute for a few minutes to soften.
- Turn off the saute function and add all remaining ingredients except for the parmesan, mozzarella, laughing cow cheese and half of the tomatoes.
- Set to manual high pressure for 4 minutes. When the cooking time is done, allow a natural pressure release for 5 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Stir in the cheeses until fully melted. Replace the lid and allow the sauce to thicken for a few minutes. Stir through the remaining tomatoes.
- Serve & enjoy!