What are Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes
Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes & Carrots are a super-easy side dish or light main dish. There is very little hands on time making this dish an easy weeknight friendly meal.
- Olive Oil
- Yellow Onion-A sweet or Vidalia onion could be substituted if that is your preference.
- Baby Carrots-I used baby carrots to make this recipe as they are just so easy. There is no need to peel or chop anything. If you prefer to substitute standard sized carrots, do so by first peeling them. Next, chop them in approximately 3/4″ wedges and use as directed in the recipe.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes-I used these potatoes for the simplicity of not having to peel the potatoes. The cooking time also pairs well with the carrots. If you prefer, you could substitute red potatoes chopped as directed in the recipe.
- Broth-I made this recipe using vegetable broth; however, chicken broth would work just fine if that is your preference.
- Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix– you will use one packet. If you are a regular Ranch seasoning lover, you may find it easier to buy your Ranch mix in bulk. If you choose to do so then note that one packet holds the equivalent of 2 Tablespoons of dry Ranch dressing mix.
- Parsley-I like it to garnish, but, obviously, this is optional if it is not your preference.
How to Make Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes & Carrots:
- Begin by adding the olive oil to the bowl of your pressure cooker. Set the pot to saute and wait for the oil to warm through. Once the oil is warm, add the onion and cook until softened, around 5 minutes.
- Add the baby carrots (or chopped carrots as mentioned above if that is your preference) to the bowl of the Instant Pot and continue to cook, stirring for around five more minutes.
- Next add the Yukon Gold potatoes, the broth of your choice and the Ranch seasoning to the bowl of the Instant Pot. Stir to mix. Seal the pressure valve and set to cook for five minutes.
- When the cooking time is done, allow a natural release of pressure for ten minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure and SERVE!
Can I make Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes Vegetarian or Vegan?
Yes! This dish is already vegetarian as written. To make the dish vegan, use a vegan-friendly dry Ranch seasoning such as Marshalls Creek. You will need to use about 2 Tablespoons of seasoning to replicate the volume in a traditional packet.
Swaps & Substitutions
- Potatoes: You could easily use red potatoes instead of yellow.
- Carrots: If you don’t want to use baby carrots, you could easily peel, quarter and chunk regular carrots.
- Seasoning: This dish would work well with any dry dressing mix. Garlic Herb, Italian, Spicy Ranch, etc would all be good ideas to swap into this dish.
Dishes that Pair Well with Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes & Carrots:
- These easy Cranberry Glazed Meatballs (vegetarian or not) make for a great slider and would be a perfect home-style meal when served all together.
- Instant Pot Vegetarian Black Eyed Peas would be a perfect, light pairing to add some easy vegetarian protein to your meal.
- This BBQ Cauliflower in the air fryer is a nice, flavorful side to the cool ranch of the carrots and potatoes.
- This Buffalo Egg Salad combines the heat of buffalo sauce with some cooling blue cheese and is packed with egg protein. Add it to some wraps, croissants or toast sandwiches for a simple sandwich that will pair perfectly with the Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes and Carrots.
Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes
- pressure cooker
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes cut in bite-sized chunks
- 3/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 packet Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- parsley to garnish
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot. Press the sauté button and wait for it to warm. Add the onions and cook for around 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the carrots and sauté 5 minutes more.
- Add the potatoes, broth and ranch to the Instant Pot and stir well. Set to pressure cooking manual for 5 minutes. Set valve to sealing.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.