This post may contain affiliate links. To learn more view our disclosure page.
What are Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes
Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes are a super-easy side dish or light main dish. There is very little hands on time making this dish an easy weeknight friendly meal.
Can I make Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes Vegetarian or Vegan?
Yes! This dish is already vegetarian as written. To make the dish vegan, use a vegan-friendly dry Ranch seasoning such as Marshalls Creek. You will need to use about 2 Tablespoons of seasoning to replicate the volume in a traditional packet.
What changes can I make to Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes
- Potatoes: You could easily use red potatoes instead of yellow.
- Carrots: If you don’t want to use baby carrots, you could easily peel, quarter and chunk regular carrots.
- Seasoning: This dish would work well with any dry dressing mix. Garlic Herb, Italian, Spicy Ranch, etc would all be good ideas to swap into this dish.
Instant Pot Ranch Potatoes
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes cut in bite-sized chunks
- 3/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 packet Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- parsley to garnish
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot. Press the sauté button and wait for it to warm. Add the onions and cook for around 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the carrots and sauté 5 minutes more.
- Add the potatoes, broth and ranch to the Instant Pot and stir well. Set to pressure cooking manual for 5 minutes. Set valve to sealing.
- When the potatoes are done cooking, allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.