What are Instant Pot Spicy Peanut Noodles?
These noodles are a homemade version of the traditional take-out favorite. Our version lighten things up by reducing the oil. Makes some options possible, by allowing for a choice of your favorite noodle. And, makes the entire dish FAST! Like faster than the delivery driver from your local shop could even arrive with your noodles. Sound like a winner? Let’s get started!
What do I need to make Instant Pot Spicy Peanut Noodles?
One of my favorite features of these noodles is that they are truly a pantry super-star. Meaning, you likely have all of the ingredients needed to make this dish in your pantry without any shopping being required. So, what are these simple ingredients. You will need:
- Natural peanut butter
- Chili garlic sauce or sriracha sauce
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Green onions
- Vegetable broth
- Spaghetti noodles
- Chopped peanuts
- Lime wedges
How do I make Instant Pot Spicy Peanut Noodles?
Much like the list of ingredients, the steps for these noodles are basically fool-proof. So here it is:
- Begin by combining the sauce ingredients (the peanut butter, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, green onions and vegetable broth) in the bowl of the Instant Pot. Mix well to combine.
- Add the noodles and set to cook.
- When the time is done, quick-release the pressure, and be sure to stir the noodles to prevent sticking.
- Serve and enjoy. Top with toasted sesame seeds, extra sriracha sauce or freshly squeezed lime juice.
How Can I Store Instant Pot Spicy Peanut Noodles?
First, make sure to remove the bowl of the Instant Pot from the base as soon as the cooking time is done to prevent any further cooking or sticking to the base of the Instant Pot.
Noodles can be stored in airtight containers in the fridge for several days. Noodles can be rewarmed in the microwave, stirring occasionally, until fully warmed through.
As these noodles both store and re-heat very well, they can be a great option for meal prep for lunches or light dinners for the week.
What Should I serve with Instant Pot Spicy Peanut Noodles?
These noodles could easily make a light meal all on their own. If you would like to add some more to your meal, here are a few ideas:
- Instant Pot Hibachi Vegetables Add on another restaurant favorite and pair the spicy peanut noodles with some fresh veggies. This would also be a great addition to a meal-prep of the noodles as both would re-heat well.
- Spring Rolls or Egg Rolls: Stick with the traditional and add a snack-like-bite to your noodles with one of these popular rolls.
- Crab or cream cheese wontons: much like the spring and egg rolls, these wontons will add a bit of a crispy side to your meal. Pairing these with some sweet and sour sauce would make a perfect contrast to the spicy peanut noodles.
- Citrus Salad: Make a blend of your favorites: white or pink grapefruit, oranges, tangelos, pineapple, etc
Instant Pot Spicy Peanut Noodles
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles broken in half
- Chopped peanuts to serve
- Lime wedges to serve
- Add the peanut butter, sriracha, soy sauce, brown sugar, green onions and vegetable broth to the bowl of the Instant Pot. Stir well to combine.
- Add the spaghetti noodles and set the lid to sealing. Set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, quick release the pressure and remove the lid. Stir well to loosen any noodles that may be stuck together and spread the sauce. Remove from the Instant Pot and serve. (removing from the pot will prevent the noodles from continuing to cook and stick to the bottom of the Pot).