What is Instant Pot Vegetable Noodle Soup?
This easy vegetable soup with noodles is made fast (I’m talking only 1 minute cook time fast) and easy with the help of the Instant Pot. Our version makes use of fresh, frozen and canned vegetables to make the preparation incredibly fast and easy. The added noodles make the soup heartier as a meal and kids love them as well. This Instant Pot Vegetable Noodle Soup is less broth-y than a lot of vegetable soups which was intentionally done to make it more kid-friendly, as my boys do better eating soups with lots of filling and less broth. If you are someone who would prefer more broth, you can easily add more without having to adjust the cooking time.
What are the ingredients of this Instant Pot Vegetable Noodle Soup?
- Olive oil
- Onion, for this recipe a yellow or sweet onion works best over a stronger white or red onion.
- Dried basil and thyme
- Black pepper, freshly ground works best for this recipe, but pre-ground black pepper would be alright if you prefer
- Steak seasoning, I used McCormick. You just need a classic steak seasoning flavor, nothing ‘maple’, ‘apple’, etc
- Worcestershire sauce
- Petite frozen mixed vegetables. I used a mixed bag which contained carrots, peas, and green beans. You can really use any combination of vegetables you prefer as long as they are similarly sized.
- Frozen baby lima beans
- Petite diced tomatoes
- Vegetable broth
- Uncooked medium egg noodles. I liked these as the noodles aren’t overly large, like jumbo egg noodles might be, but also easier to keep on a spoon, unlike spaghetti might be for younger eaters.
How to make Instant Pot Vegetable Noodle Soup?
- Begin by setting the Instant Pot to saute. Add the oil and heat until warmed through.
- Next, add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is beginning to soften.
- Add the salt, dried basil, dried thyme, black pepper, steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce and continue to cook, stirring for one additional minute.
- Turn off the saute function.
- Add the petite frozen mixed vegetables, the frozen lima beans, the diced tomatoes, the vegetable broth and the medium egg noodles.
- Set the pressure to high for 1 minute, yes only 1 minute is all this takes! When the cooking time is done, quick release any remaining pressure.
Can this Vegetable Noodle Soup for the Instant Pot be made in advance?
Absolutely! Using the smaller sized egg noodles that the recipe calls for helps to ensure they maintain their substance more like soup pasta, meaning they don’t overly expand or get mushy. Therefore, the soup, overall will store much like any vegetable soup.
Overall, this soup, when stored in an airtight container and refrigerated, should keep for 3-4 days.
What to serve with Instant Pot Vegetable Noodle Soup?
This easy and delicious soup is perfect as a light meal all unto itself. If you are looking for some meal planning suggestions though, how about some of these ideas:
Pair it with a pasta:
- Try out two classic twists in one by adding this easy Air Fryer Pasta Bake which is a simplified twist on traditional baked spaghetti.
- Love olives? This Green Olive Pasta Puttanesca is sure to please. It would also be a great main dish to go with this soup.
- Put the Instant Pot on double duty with these Instant Pot Garlic Noodles.
- Want to keep it fun for the kids (and the adults), while also keeping it a filling and yummy meal. Check out these Spaghetti and Meatballs Cupcakes for a great ‘all ages’ treat.
Pair it with a bread:
- Part pizza, part bread this Stromboli Pizza Bread is the perfect blend of both. Perfect for dipping in pizza sauce or dunking in your vegetable noodle soup.
- Cheesy deliciousness is the order of the day with these easy Air Fry Breadsticks
Other easy ideas for sides:
- Simple salad. Soup and salad is always a great match. Pairing a basic spinach or iceberg lettuce salad with this soup would be a great match.
- Crackers or croutons. Who doesn’t like a bit of crunch with their soup.
- Baked potatoes or baked sweet potatoes.
Instant Pot Vegetable Noodle Soup
- pressure cooker
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 12 oz bag petite frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans
- 1, 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 32 vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté. Heat the oil until warm. Add the onion and sauté for 3-5 minutes until softening. Add in the dried seasonings and Worcestershire sauce and continue to sauté, stirring for 1 minute. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the instant pot. Set to manual high pressure for 1 minute. When the cooking time is done, quick release any pressure. Check for salt and pepper and serve.