This post may contain affiliate links. To learn more see our Disclaimer.
How to Make Instant Pot Veggie Fajitas
These Instant Pot Veggie Fajitas are one of the simplest dishes you can make. This is literally a chop, toss, cook recipe. Begin by slicing all the peppers and onions in strips. Add the seasonings. Cook briefly. Add the tomatoes cook 1 minute more and you are ready to serve with your favorite toppings.
Can Instant Pot Veggie Fajitas be made Vegetarian or Vegan?
YES! The recipe as written is already vegan so no changes will need to be made there.
To keep it vegan simply select vegan-friendly toppings.
What changes can I make to the ingredients?
The Peppers Any color of pepper or combination of thereof would just fine
The Seasoning You could add additional chili powder or some hot sauce for a less spicy version of the dish.
Can this dish be made in a Slow Cooker?
Absolutely. To use a slow cooker instead of the Instant Pot, you will need to adjust the timing and initial cooking. Begin by heating a skillet over medium-high. Add the onion and pepper strips and sauté for several minutes. Remove from the skillet and place in the slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients except for the tomatoes to your slow cooker. Cook on High for one and a half hours. Add the halved cherry tomatoes and cook on High for an additional 2 hours.
How to Serve the Fajitas
- Serve alongside warmed flour tortillas
- Use Corn Tortillas Instead
- Use lettuce wraps to really lighten up the dish
- Make a fajita bowl by serving the filling along with some rice and beans
What Toppings Should I Serve with Instant Pot Veggie Fajitas?
Really whatever you like. Some great options would be:
- Fresh Coriander
- Grated Cheese
- Hot Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Diced Avocados
- Diced Tomatoes
- Queso Cheese Sauce
- Sliced Jalapenos
Instant Pot Veggie Fajitas
- 2 onions halved, thinly sliced
- 6 mixed bell peppers cut into strips
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T hot chili powder
- 2 t smoked paprika
- 1 t ground coriander
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- mini flour tortillas
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- Place the first 6 ingredients (onion, bell pepper, olive oil, chili powder, smoked paprika & ground coriander in the Instant Pot.
- Set to Steam for 3 minutes.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes. Set to steam for 1 minute.
- Release pressure and serve with the toppings of your choice.