These Kung Pao Potatoes are an easy side dish for anyone who likes spicy food or a fun take on making an Asian-inspired dish at home.
If you like these Kung Pao Potatoes, check out some of our other Asian-inspired dishes
Kung Pao Potatoes
- pressure cooker
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1.5 pounds yellow baby potatoes
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup lower sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon hot chili sauce such as sriracha
- Large pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch + 1 Tablespoon water
- Peanuts chopped, optional to top
- Heat the pressure cooker in saute mode. Spray the bowl of the Instant Pot well with the cooking spray. Add the potatoes and onions and cook, stirring 5 minutes until beginning to brown and the onions are softening. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the next 8 ingredients to the Instant Pot (through the ⅓ cup water). Set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes. When the cooking time is done, quick release any remaining pressure.
- Combine the water and cornstarch and stir through the completed potatoes. Press saute and bring the sauce to a simmer. Turn off the Instant Pot and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Serve warm, topped with peanuts if desired.