Lemon Roasted Mixed Vegetables
What Vegetables should I use in Lemon Roasted Vegetables?
This dish definitely comes with its options. The ones I use in the dish are my favorites for this dish; however, if you have other options loitering in your crisper, or just prefer another option, no worries, you have choices!
Original Veggies in Lemon Roasted Mixed Vegetables:
- Baby Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Green Bell Peppers
Other Veggies that would be great to add and/or swap in Lemon Roasted Mixed Vegetables
- Red or yellow bell pepper
- Red or russet potatoes
- Zucchini or yellow squash
- Cherry Tomatoes
Want to change the toppings?
The Topping for the Lemon Roasted Mixed Vegetables could easily be changed. Some easy options would be:
- Change the Herbs:
- Any of the suggested spices could be swapped.
- Sage, tarragon, oregano, cilantro or rosemary would all be good options to swap for any of the other herbs.
- Change the citrus:
- Swap out the lemon juice and slices for orange, tangelo or grapefruit juice and slices
- Add on
- Add red pepper flakes to spice it up a bit
- Add some dill for some additional flavor
- Double up on the citrus
How To Use Up Leftover Lemon Roasted Mixed Vegetables:
- Make an omelet: Make a traditional omelet with the veggies as filling or combine it all up into a scramble.
- Make a wrap: Warm up the veggies, add the protein of your choice, maybe some sauce or cheese and roll it all up
- Make a grilled cheese: Put some butter on the sides of two pieces of toast. Top with cheese and the veggies and another slice of buttered bread. Cook until browned, flip and repeat.
- Make French Bread Pizza: Halve a French Baguette length-wise. Toast lightly for around 5 minutes. Spread with pizza sauce, or your sauce of choice. Add the lemon roasted mixed vegetables on top and top with some of your favorite shredded cheese.
- Make a quesadilla: Lightly spray one side of 2 flour tortillas with olive oil spray. Place one tortilla, oiled side down in a heated skillet. Top with cheese, leftover lemon roasted mixed vegetables and a bit more cheese, followed by the remaining tortilla, oil side up. Cook a few minutes until toasted, flip and repeat.
This post may contain affiliate links. To learn more read our disclosure page.