This Mac and Cheese Quesadilla triples up on the family-friendly favorites! Macaroni and cheese, check, gooey-cheesy quesadilla, check, grilled cheese sandwich-esque quality, check! These Mac & Cheese Quesadillas are a great way to use up leftover mac and cheese, but, also, a great way to make mac and cheese more kid-friendly. Forget noodles spilling on the floor, this pick-up-perfect quesadilla is the perfect way to serve Mac and Cheese to little hands. Whatever your situation, you will love this yummy twist on a classic.
What are the Ingredients in this Mac and Cheese Quesadilla?
Flour Tortillas- you will need 1 8-10 inch flour tortilla for each Mac& Cheese Quesadilla that you are planning to make.
Macaroni & Cheese-pre-made macaroni and cheese. It could be homemade, boxed, shells and cheese, or whatever your favorite is (instructions on mine below). Approximately 2/3 cup per quesadilla.
Sliced Cheese– You will need approximately 4 standard slices of cheese for this quesadilla. My favorites for this Mac & Cheese Quesadilla are 2 slices of deli yellow American cheese and 2 slices of deli white American cheese (note, these are from the DELI, not the individual plastic wrap). Other cheeses may work as well, but I think these super-melty cheeses mesh perfectly with just about any mac and cheese you may have leftover.
How to make this Mac & Cheese Quesadilla:
Begin by spraying a 8-10 inch tortilla lightly with olive oil spray. Layer the white American cheese on one side. Top with approximately 2/3 cup of prepared mac and cheese (see below for the easiest way to get perfect macaroni and cheese). Top the macaroni with the yellow American cheese.
To cook, add to your air fryer at 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also cook the quesadilla in a pan over medium high heat for several minutes per side. Or, heat a conventional or toaster oven to 350 degrees and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
Make Kraft Mac & Cheese in the Instant Pot
As I mentioned above, I will show you one of the easiest ways to make mac and cheese and ensure it comes our perfectly every time. To the bowl of your instant pot, add a box of Kraft mac & cheese. 1 cup of water. 1/4 cup milk. Set the manual high pressure for 4 minutes. When the cooking time is quick release the remaining pressure. Stir through the cheese packet that comes with the macaroni and 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (optional but definitely recommended.
This recipe can also easily be doubled if you are trying to make Kraft Mac & Cheese in the Instant Pot for a crowd.
Make your Mac & Cheese Quesadilla more unique:
- Mix up the cheeses a bit by adding some blue cheese, feta or gorgonzola.
- Stir some seasonings into your mac and cheese before putting it in the quesadilla. Lemon pepper, parmesan or rotel are all favorites.
Want to Make it ahead?
These are best served fresh but can certainly be made ahead for school lunches and the like. Wrap in foil to keep warm and serve same day.
Love Macaroni & Cheese? Here are some of our other favorite Mac & Cheese dishes you will want to try out ASAP!
Flaming Hot Cheetos Mac & Cheese is an easy to make twist on classic baked macaroni and cheese that adds a fun twist. Read on to learn more about how to assemble this kid-friendly dish that is sure to be a new family favorite.
Baked Mac & Cheese Cups are super portable and perfect for kids. They keep very well making leftovers great for lunches or on the go meal.
Double Up on the Cheesiness with this Cheez-it Mac and cheese for an indulgent feeling dish with a yummy crunchy coating.
Make an appetizer with these Air Fryer Crispy Mac & Cheese Balls which are perfect for any party.
What to serve with your Mac & Cheese Quesadilla
As this is a casual, decidedly kid-friendly dish, you will likely want to keep the rest of the meal fairly casual as well.
- Try some fresh roasted veggies such as broccoli or asparagus.
- Have a fruit salad with some strawberries, melon and grapes
- Have a simple salad with some tomatoes and greens and a light balsamic dressing.
Mac & Cheese Quesadilla
- 1 8-10 inch flour tortilla
- ⅔ cup prepared macaroni and cheese
- 2 slices orange American cheese
- 2 slices white American cheese
- Olive oil spray
- Begin by spraying a 8-10 inch tortilla lightly with olive oil spray. Layer the white American cheese on one side. Top with approximately 2/3 cup of prepared mac and cheese (see below for the easiest way to get perfect macaroni and cheese). Top the macaroni with the yellow American cheese.
- To cook, add to your air fryer at 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also cook the quesadilla in a pan over medium high heat for several minutes per side.