This Miso Noodle Soup Jars with Sriracha & Kimchi is perfect for meal prep and makes an ideal lunch that is ready in under 5 minutes. Totally customizable, light and filling!
Ingredients in Miso Noodle Soup Jars
Miso Soup Powder, I used this one
Rice vermicelli noodles
How to Make Miso Noodle Soup Jars
This is the true beauty of this recipe, it could not be easier to make. Simply layer all of your ingredients among your mason jars. Begin with your sauces and seasonings, layer in your veggies and finally top with your noodles. Store, air-tight in mason jars in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
When you are ready to prepare your soup jar, empty the contents into a bowl. Boil a cup of water and add to the bowl along with the contents. Stir and serve.
Can Miso Noodle Soup be made in advance?
Yes! And, that is truly the point of this recipe. This soup takes minimal prep time and is perfect to make on the weekend to have lunches ready all week long. The jars, when sealed air tight, and refrigerated will last 4-5 days.
What other ingredients can I add to Miso Noodle Soup?
Truly, let your imagination be your guide; however, here are some things I love with this recipe:
- Shredded cabbage
- Frozen peas
- Bamboo shoots W
- Water chestnuts
- Sugar snap peas
- Bean sprouts
- I also love these for topping!
If you like Miso Noodle Soup, try these other meal prep favs:
Italian Roast Vegetables -Serve as a veggie bowl or make into a veggie wrap/taco. These are packed with flavor.
Cheese & Jalapeno Tamales – Using a pressure cooker, these tamales are so fast to make and easy to prepare a large batch. Leftovers keep amazingly well. Toss in some favorite taco toppings and lunch is ready to go!
Greek Tofu – this nutrient packed scramble is perfect for breakfast, but just as delicious for lunch. Nosh on it on its own or make into a wrap or bowl for a nourishing meal that is ready when you are!
Miso Noodle Soup Jars with Sriracha & Kimchi
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4, 1.05 ounce packets miso soup powder I used Kikkoman
- ½ cup shaved carrots
- 1 cup bok choy thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup kimchi
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- 8 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
- Divide the soy sauce, sriracha and lime juice among the mason jars. Add 1 miso soup packet to each jar.
- Next divide the veggies evenly among the jars. Finally, divide the vermicelli noodles and stuff the jars tightly. Close, air-tight and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, boil 1 cup of water. Pour the contents of the soup jar into a bowl and top with the boiling water. Stir to combine and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes until the noodles have softened.
Shredded cabbage, frozen peas, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, sugar snap peas, broccoli, kale, bean sprouts.