What is Panera Turkey Chili?
This copycat Panera Turkey Chili Recipe is the EASIEST way to make a version of Panera’s famous chili right in your home. Our version utilizes the help of a pressure cooker; however, see below for tips to make this same dish in the slow cooker or even on the stove-top. So read on for more about this hearty, healthy, dish that is absolutely PERFECT for chilly days!
What are the Ingredients in Panera Turkey Chili?
This Panera Turkey Chili Recipe is as close to the original as I could get. While it contains a fair number of ingredients, many of them are things that you likely already have on hand in your cabinet or pantry. The ones you may not have on hand are simple and easy to find. So here is what you will need:
- Olive oil
- Ground turkey
- Garlic powder
- Crushed tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Chili powder
- Italian seasoning
- Crushed red pepper
- Kidney beans
- Corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- Shelled edamame
- Garbanzo beans
- Vegetable broth
How do I make Panera Turkey Chili in the Instant Pot?
This is my preferred method of making this dish. Simply for the reason that there is no need to dirty up more than one pot, and because it comes together as quickly as possible. To make the dish in the Instant pot, here is what you will need to do:
- Begin by heating the pot to saute and warming the olive oil. Cook the ground turkey, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks until evenly separated and browned.
- Next add the onion, carrot and celery to the Instant Pot and continue to saute for a minute or two.
- Finally, add all remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot. Set to manual high pressure for 15 minutes. After that time, allow a natural pressure release of around 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure. Serve and go!
How do I adapt Panera Turkey Chili to make in the slow Cooker?
If you prefer to make the chili in the slow cooker or Crockpot, you will need to make some very minor adjustments. The main differences will be the time involved and the number of pans. So here is what you will need to change:
- Heat a large skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and then cook the turkey, breaking up with a spoon until separated and browned. Add the onion, celery and carrots and continue to saute until they begin to soften.
- Add the turkey mixture and all remaining ingredients to the bowl of the Slow Cooker. Set to High for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
How do I adapt Panera Turkey Chili to make on the Stovetop?
If you prefer to make the chili on the stovetop, you will need to make a few alterations; however, you can still end up with a fabulous version of this chili. Here is what you will need to do:
- Heat a Dutch Oven over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and then cook the turkey, breaking up with a spoon, until separated and browned. Add the onion, celery and carrots and continue to saute until they begin to soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the dutch oven and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to simmer and continue to cook for around 1 hour to fully blend the flavors.
How to store Leftover Panera Turkey Chili?
Allow any leftover chili to cook to room temperature before storing. Then, place in air tight containers. The chili will store well in the refrigerator for several days or the freezer for around three months.
Panera Turkey Chili
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 oz cooked kidney beans drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup corn
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 8 oz garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 16 oz vegetable broth
- Begin the saute function on the Instant Pot. Add the olive oil until warm. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery to the Instant Pot and cook, stirring for a minute or two.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot. Set to Manual High pressure for 15 minutes. After the cooking time is done, allow a natural pressure release of 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.