This Paprika Cream Sauce in the Instant Pot is made in mere minutes and is the epitome of cook once, eat twice (or more!). This spice-filled versatile sauce is big on peppers and short on time. This is sure to be a favorite in no time (pun intended). But wait, there’s more…. this is a double-duty recipe, meaning, cook-once eat twice. Which, in my book, is always a family favorite. I will show you below how to repurpose this sauce into a second, equally delicious dish!
So what is the “cook twice” of paprika cream sauce?
When made with hot Mexican paprika, as indicated in the recipe. This sauce makes the perfect sauce for our easy Air Fryer Enchilada Casserole!
Paprika Sauce Ingredients:
- Butter, I used olive oil butter but any type will work fine
- Onion-yellow works best, but white will be fine in a pinch
- Red bell peppers
- Garlic powder
- Paprika-I used hot paprika to make this dish which provides some spice, if you would prefer a less spicy dish, you could substitute Hungarian sweet paprika
- Vegetable broth
- Roasted bell peppers-these can be homemade or from a jar
- Diced tomatoes-petite or regular will work fine as you will be pureeing the sauce later
- Tahini sauce- I use this one which doesn’t get dried out and required a lot of stirring as some other brands do
- soy sauce
- sour cream
How to make Spicy Paprika Sauce in a slow cooker:
- Begin by heating the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell peppers and saute until they begin to soften, 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the bowl of your slow cooker. Add the next 7 ingredients (through the soy sauce). Replace the lid of your slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- When the cooking time is done puree your paprika sauce to your desired consistency using an immersion blender (if you do not have an immersion blender, simply transfer the sauce to a standard blender).
- Stir in the lemon juice, sour cream, salt and pepper.
If you like Paprika Cream Sauce, try these Instant Pot Pastas:
Instant Pot Italian Drunken Noodles are a saucy dish that cooks all in one pot!
Instant Pot Pasta Margherita tomatoes, basil and a creamy sauce make this Italian-inspired favorite.
Instant Pot Butter Noodles is the epitome of comfort food.
Paprika Cream Sauce for Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons paprika see note
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 roasted bell peppers chopped
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes drained
- 1.5 Tablespoons tahini sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch optional
- Set the Instant Pot to saute. Add the butter and allow it to melt. Add the onion and red bell peppers and saute until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the next 7 ingredients (through the soy sauce). Set the lid to sealing and manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Quick release the pressure when the cooking time is done.
- Puree to desired consistency using an immersion blender. Stir through the lemon juice, sour cream and salt and pepper.
- If you desire a thicker sauce, add the corn starch and return the sauce to saute, stirring, until desired consistency is achieved.
[…] this two part recipe that allows you to cook once and eat twice. This recipe utilizes the homemade Paprika Cream Sauce which we served over egg noodles. In dish, we show how the same sauce can be utilized to make an […]