These Pea Fritters with creamy pea feta dip are perfect for a light warm-weather meal. The recipe also includes how to customize these fritters for baby led weaning fritters.
Frozen Peas-frozen peas are the easiest to work with for this recipe as they are all packaged at peak freshness and super easy to work with.
Plain Breadcrumbs-these can be either standard breadcrumbs or panko, it will just change the texture a bit so use your favorite.
Mint-fresh mint will give you the best flavor for these fritters
Garlic Powder-I prefer garlic powder to fresh garlic for this dish as it ensures that you are not left with any raw garlic flavor.
Lemon Pepper-I used this one.
Cheddar Cheese– either freshly shredded or pre-shredded will work just fine.
Ingredients for the Pea Feta Dip for the Pea Fritters:
Frozen Peas-Best bet is just to buy a large bag and divide between the pea fritters and the dip
Greek Yogurt-plain, full-fat Greek yogurt works best
Feta Cheese– you can use crumbled or crumble yourself from a block
Mayonnaise-I used olive oil mayonnaise, but use whatever is your favorite
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Lemon-you will use both the zest and the juice
Salt and Pepper-to your tastes
What to Serve with Pea Fritters?
Pea fritters can be served as a tasty and nutritious appetizer or a light main course. Here are some suggestions for what to serve with them:
- Yogurt Sauce: A simple yogurt sauce made with plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and fresh herbs such as mint or dill can complement the fritters well.
- Salad: A fresh green salad, like a mixed greens or arugula salad, can help to balance out the richness of the fritters. You can toss the salad with a simple vinaigrette or a lemony dressing.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roasted vegetables like cauliflower, carrots, or sweet potatoes can be a great side dish to serve alongside the fritters.
- Tomato Chutney: A spicy tomato chutney or salsa can add some extra zing and texture to the fritters.
- Mint Chutney: A cooling and refreshing mint chutney can also pair well with the fritters.
- Tzatziki: Tzatziki, a Greek yogurt and cucumber dip, can be a delicious and creamy accompaniment to the fritters.
- Grilled chicken or fish: If you want to serve the fritters as a main course, grilled chicken or fish can be a good protein to add to the plate.
What is Baby Led Weaning?
Baby-led weaning (BLW) is an approach to introducing solid foods to babies that allows them to feed themselves from the very beginning of their weaning journey. Instead of spoon-feeding purees and other soft foods, BLW encourages babies to explore and feed themselves with finger foods.
With BLW, babies are offered a variety of age-appropriate foods, cut into easy-to-hold pieces, and are allowed to self-feed at their own pace. The emphasis is on allowing babies to learn to eat independently, to explore different textures and tastes, and to develop their own sense of hunger and fullness.
BLW is based on the belief that babies are capable of self-regulating their food intake and that they will naturally gravitate towards the foods they need to grow and develop. Proponents of BLW believe that this approach can help foster healthy eating habits, reduce picky eating, and promote a positive relationship with food.
To make the fritters into baby led weaning fritters:
To make these patties more suited to baby led weaning fritters, simply add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and pulse before forming into approximately 2 Tablespoon scoops on a parchment lined air fryer basket.
Other Air Fryer Veggie Treats you will love:
Air Fryer Crispy Pea Fritters
- Air Fryer
For the fritters:
- 10 ounces frozen peas thawed
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons mint
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Pea feta dip:
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 5 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- Salt and pepper to taste.
For the fritters:
- Combine all ingredients. Line the basket of an air fryer with parchment paper. Use your hands to form 2 Tablespoon scoops gently into patties.
- Spray the tops lightly with olive oil spray. Add to the air fryer for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
To make the dip:
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until well combined.
[…] Crispy Pea Fritters […]