What is Air Fryer Queso Cheese Dip
This delicious cheese-y dip is a perfect side dish for taco night, game night or any casual get together. You will love how quickly and easily this dip comes together and can even be prepared in advance. Despite the name, this dip is not actually smoked on a grill or in a smoker, this dip gets its “smoky” flavor from the choice of ingredients. Here the smoky flavor comes from the smoked paprika and chipotle adobo sauce.
What are the ingredients in Air Fryer Queso Cheese Dip?
For this easy queso dip, here is what you will need:
- A 16oz block of Velveeta Cheese, I used 2% milk Velveeta, but regular would work fine as well
- A can of rotel
- Adobo chipotle sauce
- Note: this is the sauce that is included with the adobo peppers in chipotle, not the chipotle peppers themselves
- Shredded pepper jack cheese
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Taco seasoning
- Salsa verde
How do I make Air Fryer Queso Cheese Dip?
One of the best things about this air fryer queso cheese dip is just how incredibly easy it is to make. So here are the easy directions
- Chop the velveeta into approximately ½ inch cubes. Add the chopped Velveeta cubes along with all the other ingredients to a pan.
- Pre-heat the air fryer and add the dip. Air fry until the cheeses are beginning to melt. Stir to combine the ingredients and continue to cook until the cheeses have fully melted, stir again and serve.
Can I make this Queso Cheese Dip without an Air Fryer?
Yes, to make this queso in an oven, simply increase the temperature to 350 degrees. Place in the oven for 10 minutes then remove and stir. Add back to the oven for another 10 minutes. Stir again. If the cheese sauce is still not fully smooth, return to the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Can Smoked Queso Dip be made in advance?
One of the best parts of this dish is the lack of hands on time needed to prepare this dip. The best bet for “making it in advance” would be to simply get all of the ingredients into the pan and then put the dip in the air fryer or oven when you are ready to cook it.
If you have leftover dip that you would like to re-heat the best bet is to put it into a microwave safe dish and warm, in 30-second increments, stirring each time.
What to serve with Smoked Queso Dip?
- For the dip itself
- Tortilla chips or pretzels to dip
- Veggies: cauliflower florets or mini peppers would be great
- Use as a spread on or dip for burritos or taquitos
- Dishes to serve alongside the smoked queso dip
- Make it a meal:
- These Copycat Red Robin Burnin Love Burgers are perfect for those who love a little heat. From “un-fried” jalapeno rings to a chipotle corn salsa, these would be perfect served alongside this dip, maybe even use it for dipping!
- This Beef Empanada Pie is a time-saving twist on traditional beef empanadas. The pie paired with some queso and chips would be a perfect weeknight meal that the whole family would enjoy.
- Fajita night! Whip out your instant pot to make some fajitas come together while your queso is cooking. These Instant Pot Veggie Fajitas or Pepper and Mango Fajitas are both fast and easy and would be amazing served alongside the smoked queso dip.
SMOKED QUESO DIP (IN THE AIR FRYER)
- 16 oz velveeta 2% milk
- 1 can of rotel drained well
- 1 Tablespoon of adobo chili sauce
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1, 7 oz jar salsa verde
- Chop the velveeta into approximately ½” cubes. Place in a glass baking dish. Add the remaining ingredients. You do not need to combine at this point.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 325. Add the smoked queso dip and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes until the cheeses are beginning to melt.
- Remove the dip from the air fryer and stir well to combine. Return to the air fryer for 5-7 minutes to allow the cheese to fully melt. Stir a final time and serve.