This Vegetarian Ravioli Lasagna Recipe takes only minutes to assemble but makes a hearty, veggie-packed weeknight meal that kids will love.
How to Make Vegetarian Ravioli Lasagna:
Begin by preparing all the vegetables. Grate the carrots and garlic. Finely chop the broccoli and the onion. Cook the kale as directed and thoroughly squeeze dry.
Next heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the carrots, garlic, broccoli and onion for several minutes until tender. Transfer half of the vegetables to a casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Add half of the refrigerated ravioli to the pan on top of the vegetables in a single layer.
Next add half of the alfredo sauce on top of the ravioli. Spread out evenly with the back of a spoon or a butter knife. Repeat the layers a second time: veggies, ravioli, sauce. Then melt the butter in a small bowl. Stir the breadcrumbs into the butter until all are moistened and sprinkle evenly over the top of the pasta.
Cover the bake tightly with foil. Bake the Vegetarian ravioli lasagna for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and then continue baking for 10 minutes.
Make it a meal?
Vegetarian Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 carrots grated
- 1 broccoli crown chopped in small pieces
- ½ onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 10 oz bag frozen kale squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1, 18 oz package refrigerated ravioli
- 1, 16 oz jar alfredo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- ½ cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- Heat the oven to 375.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, broccoli, onion and garlic and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add the kale and stir through.
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Add half of the vegetables to the prepared dish. Top with half of the ravioli, no need to cook first. Top with half of the alfredo sauce. Repeat the layers.
- Melt the butter and combine with the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle on top of the pasta. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 10 minutes until the breadcrumbs are beginning to brown.